What's new

Jazz - Nuggets: Round 1

Was it bogus? But yeah, strangely, that felt like the game to me when it happened.

If it was bogus, that's the perfect time to challenge.

Also... why did they keep Ingles on Murray? He was on skates while Murray went OFF.
Bogus? It sure felt like a premature whistle to me. It’s such an unusual call like an out of bounds violation or something. I have it recorded so I will check. And I definitely agree that Snyder should have burned a challenge. My recollection was that we’re up four with a chance to bury em with another made field goal and instead they hit a quick three and they’re back in the game.
I guess it’s legit, just found this: https://sports.yahoo.com/utah-jazz-...er-nuggets-playoff-career-high-002207472.html .

Last edited:
It is almost impossible to guard a good pick and roll/pop with two people if you aren't going to switch. It require help. If Rudy drops someone needs to come off and get to Jokic. He had way to much time.

Ingles looked gassed and I thought Royce should have been given a shot.
But as Locke keeps saying “Royce had five fouls” which to me is an excuse. It’s Royce, not Mitchell or Gobert. I agree with you; Royce needed to be given a chance; if not Royce, why not Oni just to see if it did something? Very frustrating to watch.

I don't know if Bradley Beal is what we need. Remember, we want the ball in Donovan's hands. Beal is ball dominant. Yes, he can fill it up, but I think we need more of a defender and 2nd option.

I think we need Jaylen Brown. I think he's the absolute perfect guy next to Donovan, and they are friends. Brown could be Pippen to Don's MJ.
I love me some jaylen brown

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Gobert’s improved a negligible amount the last 2-3 years. Sort of done with his muscle gain and ****. Keep lifting and working hard but lose five pounds and get quicker and show us a more terrifying defense again.

Also we might need to flip Bogey for someone who can play two ways.

I don't know if Bradley Beal is what we need. Remember, we want the ball in Donovan's hands. Beal is ball dominant. Yes, he can fill it up, but I think we need more of a defender and 2nd option.

I think we need Jaylen Brown. I think he's the absolute perfect guy next to Donovan, and they are friends. Brown could be Pippen to Don's MJ.
Totally agree...Jaylen Brown would be awesome!
Really hope I'm in wrong but unfortunately I don't think there is a real chance to trade for him.

Gobert’s improved a negligible amount the last 2-3 years. Sort of done with his muscle gain and ****. Keep lifting and working hard but lose five pounds and get quicker and show us a more terrifying defense again.

Also we might need to flip Bogey for someone who can play two ways.

Bogey for jaylen brown!

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Get Jaylen Brown and OPJ. I don't care if it doesn't make sense how.

Mitchell
Brown
Bogdanovic
OPJ
Gobert

JC
Ingles
Royce
Udoh

I'd happily take Jaylen Brown instead of Beal.

Jokic is an elite player who can take over games. Rudy isn't that type of player. That's kind of the point I'm making.

That's exactly the argument you would expect from someone whose primary focus is on the offensive side of the floor. Gobert can absolutely take over game by shutting down the opponents offense.

But as Locke keeps saying “Royce had five fouls” which to me is an excuse. It’s Royce, not Mitchell or Gobert. I agree with you; Royce needed to be given a chance; if not Royce, why not Oni just to see if it did something? Very frustrating to watch.
At the end of the game I don't care... can't take em home with you.

We should put Morgan on Jokic and have Rudy guard Millsap to start the game and give it a try. Or even try a zone with Royce up top and Rudy down low. Would help us with the screen/DHO action... would also keep Rudy at the rim. We need Rudy at the rim more and we need to put a little more pressure on Jokic on the perimeter.

I think Rudy executed the game plan... we wanted to have Jokic shoot with a hand up but keep him out of the paint and it was a little too easy. I'd like to see us mix it up a bit more. I want to see if their role guys can continue to torch the nets... I'd stay close to MP jr. and Murray but let's see if we get Craig and Grant to go 2/10 one game.

Murray also isn't that good... he was a little too open end of the game. Just don't know if we have the horses without Mike and Bojan.

We should put Morgan on Jokic and have Rudy guard Millsap to start the game and give it a try. Or even try a zone with Royce up top and Rudy down low. Would help us with the screen/DHO action... would also keep Rudy at the rim. We need Rudy at the rim more and we need to put a little more pressure on Jokic on the perimeter.

I think Rudy executed the game plan... we wanted to have Jokic shoot with a hand up but keep him out of the paint and it was a little too easy. I'd like to see us mix it up a bit more. I want to see if their role guys can continue to torch the nets... I'd stay close to MP jr. and Murray but let's see if we get Craig and Grant to go 2/10 one game.

Murray also isn't that good... he was a little too open end of the game. Just don't know if we have the horses without Mike and Bojan.

Murray isn't that good? Are you serious? Dude is an absolute gamer and has earned the title of being a jazz killer of this generation. He joins the likes of Michael Redd, Eddie Johnson, Michael Finley, Peja... who else am I missing?

I would love to see the jazz play some zone

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app