What's new

Jazz Offseason Plan

Zion watch already started doe... rumors were his "family" wants him out of there. NO basketball may die with Zion. After the AD madness and then Zion... good luck getting that fanbase excited. Maybe they sell the team and relocate.

Griffin did well in the AD deal and some of the tear down... but then he muffed up a lot. The Adams acquisition and extension was dumb AF, Stan Van Gundy was such a ****** hire, taking Bledsoe instead of Hill in the Jrue deal. Nothing made any sense at all. Imagine if they just absorbed Horford and Hill instead of Adams and Bledsoe... their whole roster makes so much more sense and they'd have so much more flexibility capwise.
Its NBA media, Zion watch started the moment NOLA won the lottery.

I’m terrified to trade Clarkson for 2 reasons:

1- Prior to acquiring Clarkson, our bench scoring was downright awful and would most likely go right back to awful the second Clarkson is moved. To be a championship contender, you absolutely need consistent points off the bench and a guy who can catch fire at any given moment and go for 20+. This team has flaws, but I’m hoping we try to improve on those while being able to leave Clarkson alone. The very second he’s gone, we’re once again talking about where Utah’s bench scoring is going to come from.

2- The Donovan factor. It seems like we’ve already entered the realm of keeping one eye on Donovan as we make moves in order to meet his approval and keep him happy. Donovan loves JC and I think the initial trade for Clarkson along with his re-signing was viewed by Donovan as the Jazz doing what it takes to lessen his load and get him some help. Just like the Jazz are gonna struggle to find bench points if JC is dealt, Donovan is gonna feel the scoring load weigh heavier on his shoulders and I doubt he will view that as a positive.

Hopefully improvements can be made by finding an upgrade for Niang’s minutes and other possible deals that don’t include JC.
Unless you want to ruffle Donovan's feathers, I'd keep JC and Royce out of trades. As for younger guys, Hughes and Forrest are his guys and they need to keep both of them as well. Which I think are all the right calls btw. We need JC and Royce in the now, and I think Forrest and Hughes can be beneficial in the coming years, Hughes might can even break out this year. I actually really love Trent Forrest outside everything but his shot, but his shot is *** ugly, like one of the worst I've seen. The interesting part about Donovan's scoring load you speak of, if he wants a legitimate chance at MVP he needs to up his PPG 3-4 more points a game for real consideration. If he can get 30+ vs around the 26-27 he's averaging he'll legitimately enter the conversation.

This. It’s ****ing exhausting.
That it is. There's 25 owners who should be fighting hard during this next CBA to solidify contracts a bit more. Hell, make it so if you sign a max or super-max contract you flat out can't be traded for 3 years.

That it is. There's 25 owners who should be fighting hard during this next CBA to solidify contracts a bit more. Hell, make it so if you sign a max or super-max contract you flat out can't be traded for 3 years.
I would like some sort of help to small markets but every time they try something it tends to backfire. Some sort of franchise tag would be helpful... so if a team like LA wants to sign Donovan they have to give up two first round picks... that way you wouldn't be as afraid to take the contract all the way to the end because you wouldn't be losing them for nothing. Would also increase the trade offer if you did move them early I think.

His family is already complaining about how they haven't built more around him.
But they're ****ing right, though? I'm usually sympathetic to a struggling franchise with a young star but they are biffing this.

Then again, maybe they've felt this heat from day one because NBA media is a cesspool.

But they're ****ing right, though? I'm usually sympathetic to a struggling franchise with a young star but they are biffing this.

Then again, maybe they've felt this heat from day one because NBA media is a cesspool.
Completely. If they just let Lonzo walk even though Zion wants him to stay, that could be the beginning of the end.

If I'm New Orleans, I seriously contemplate trading Zion. I think he could be really good, but I also think he could get really hurt or rendered really ineffective come playoff time. With the picks New Orleans already has, and an absolute boatload of assets Zion would bring, they could build something around Ingram, Adams, and Lonzo.

(I also think Zion is 280 pounds of hype so maybe selling high would just be the right move anyway.)

I want Lauri. I think his defensive flaws would be covered by Rudy. He is a better defender than Bogey and a better offensive player than Favs.

Locke's high on him as well. He's mentioned him two or three times this offseason as someone he would like to see the Jazz take a chance on if they could somehow acquire him.

Last edited:
Alright three team madness trade with NO since they gonna do something dumb.

NO out - Bledsoe #10
NO in - JC and #30

OKC out: 18/34, Kenrich Williams, Isiah Roby
OKC in: #10 and Favs.

Utah out - JC/Favs #30
Utah In - Bledsoe, Williams, Roby #18/#34

Bledsoe becomes sixth man super sub backup pg who plays defense... ramps up when Mike needs to rest. Is a more normal player than JC. Willams and Roby I love. #18 take BPA... I'm likely still taking Butler there. #34 brings the hammer of Thor.

Conley
DM
Royce
Bojan
Favs

Bench
Bled
Ingles
Butler
Williams
Roby
Udoka
Thor

Use taxpayer MLE is something great comes around.

NO out - Bledsoe #10
NO in - JC and #30

Utah out - JC/Favs #30

Bledsoe becomes sixth man super sub backup pg who plays defense... ramps up when Mike needs to rest. Is a more normal player than JC. Willams and Roby I love. #18 take BPA... I'm likely still taking Butler there. #34 brings the hammer of Thor.

Conley
DM
Royce
Bojan
Favs

Bench
Bled
Ingles
Butler
Williams
Roby
Udoka
Thor

Where did Rudy go?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

NO out - Bledsoe #10
NO in - JC and #30

Utah out - JC/Favs #30

Conley
DM
Royce
Bojan
Favs

Bench
Bled
Ingles
Butler
Williams
Roby
Udoka
Thor

Lol. I was just about to put something together. This could work.