What's new

Jazz Offseason Plan

If you could do it while collecting assets... then retain Conley... I think it'd be great. Both JC and Bled have some issues in the playoffs for opposite reasons. I think Bledsoe is more valuable if Conley goes down.
I'm not that high on Bledsoe at all. I would take him if I knew Conley was leaving. If we could dump contract money, then sure.

All over LoPo’s pillow.

how good is his defense?
Really good imo... he is the type of guy we need to put on the guards that light us up and is pretty disruptive. Last year NO was such a **** show that I think he checked out (see Tucker, PJ and Batum, Nic (Hornets version)). Bucks were best defense in the league his last year there. He isn't the main reason but he was definitely part of it.

@infection What got on my pillow?
Hah. I had originally typed that up but then decided against it with better judgement. Unfortunately it saved in the box so when I quoted HH it popped up. It was a response to fish's question of "Where did Rudy go?"

I'm not that high on Bledsoe at all. I would take him if I knew Conley was leaving. If we could dump contract money, then sure.
Its a buy low... in milwaukee he was a great defensive guard that scored at a decent clip on good efficiency. He gets into the paint so he might level out our 3s a touch... sometimes in a good way, sometimes in a bad way. I just think the hate went too far.

JC was a buy low too... I do get it if someone wasn't a fan of Bledsoe though.

Bledsoe is one of the worst playoff performers of the last decade (for a starter at least). He was single handedly the reason the Bucks didnt get in the Finals two years ago. The defense is fading and his same ****** offense is still there.

I'd rather bring back Rubio than give up any kind of asset, player or cap space, to get Bledsoe.
But what if we get assets and cap space and useable cheap players? He’s also a backup in this scenario… we keep Mike.

Alright three team madness trade with NO since they gonna do something dumb.

NO out - Bledsoe #10
NO in - JC and #30

OKC out: 18/34, Kenrich Williams, Isiah Roby
OKC in: #10 and Favs.

Utah out - JC/Favs #30
Utah In - Bledsoe, Williams, Roby #18/#34

Bledsoe becomes sixth man super sub backup pg who plays defense... ramps up when Mike needs to rest. Is a more normal player than JC. Willams and Roby I love. #18 take BPA... I'm likely still taking Butler there. #34 brings the hammer of Thor.

Conley
DM
Royce
Bojan
Favs

Bench
Bled
Ingles
Butler
Williams
Roby
Udoka
Thor

Use taxpayer MLE is something great comes around.

You meant Gobert as our starter.

Could we also then use the MLE on Gay or Batum?

What like Clarkson and Favors for Bledsoe and some 2nd rounders?

I would not do that.
I outlined it in my post but essentially its JC/Favs #30 for Bledsoe #10 - I stretched it to 3 teams though and dumped favs and #10 to OKC for Williams, Roby, #18/#34

So JC/Favs #30 for Bledsoe, Williams, Roby, #18, #34.

If Bledsoe ends up sucking in the playoffs you play him 15-ish minutes... he actually was good as a young player in a bench playoff role.

You also have to factor in JC was one of our worst on/off guys this playoff... we were a -16 pts per 100 possessions with him on the court.

You also have to factor in JC was one of our worst on/off guys this playoff... we were a -16 pts per 100 possessions with him on the court.
The prior year we were -12.6.... so its not like he is a guy that killed it in the playoffs.

And if Donovan being pissed is a factor here, sorry, but an adult needs to step up in the room, show him the data you just said, how it would help, the new projected depth chart, and so forth. He can have a voice but not one not so loud as Lebron’s.