What's new

Jazz Offseason Plan

A qualifying offer for a two-way player is a one year two-way contract with a 50K guarantee.
It might be bigger for Brantley because he’s been on a two way two years in a row… he can’t get another two way.

It might be bigger for Brantley because he’s been on a two way two years in a row… he can’t get another two way.

Yes he can, I haven’t read any limit on the amount of two-ways you can get. You just have to have four years or fewer of NBA experience. He can get two more two-way contracts.

Thad is a guy I wanted last year and I basically stayed this is how i would use him… some folks scoffed… not gonna dig up the receipts. The stretch 5 had nothing to do with it. He was already being used this way before Vucevic got there. His splits pre AS break are basically identical. He’d be great.

I don't know if you want to call Lauri the 5, but that's who he played a lot of minutes with. He also just spent a lot of time as the lone big. Don't think he would have the same effect playing with Gobert. He only played about 15% of his minutes with a traditional rim rolling big and obviously that effects the way he plays.

I don't know if you want to call Lauri the 5, but that's who he played a lot of minutes with. He also just spent a lot of time as the lone big. Don't think he would have the same effect playing with Gobert. He only played about 15% of his minutes with a traditional rim rolling big and obviously that effects the way he plays.
He’s saying Thad was the 5. And that that would be a role of his if he were here.

But he’s not and there’s no salary of ours worth sending for him IMO, so it’s all moot.

Apparently the Bulls are looking to move Sato and Thad to get space to sign Lonzo. Thad was really good last season, but he was doing it as a roll man next to a stretch 5. Would be a similar addition to Nance defensively.
So the Bulls have Aminu, Satoransky and Thad Young as expirings they probably want to shed.

The Cavs want expirings for Nance and/or Osman.

If we were willing to spend more money, I'm sure there is a way to send Bojan to the Bulls, an expiring to Cleveland and we get Thad and Nance. We might need to throw in Thomas or another small contract but it could happen.

Bulls would save $6-7 and pick up a guy in Bojan who would work with a Lonzo, Levine, Vucevic lineup.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

So the Bulls have Aminu, Satoransky and Thad Young as expirings they probably want to shed.

The Cavs want expirings for Nance and/or Osman.

If we were willing to spend more money, I'm sure there is a way to send Bojan to the Bulls, an expiring to Cleveland and we get Thad and Nance. We might need to throw in Thomas or another small contract but it could happen.

Bulls would save $6-7 and pick up a guy in Bojan who would work with a Lonzo, Levine, Vucevic lineup.

I don’t see a way you could swing both Thad and Nance-I don’t think there’s really any way we land Nance at all tbh. Thad, Satoransky, and Aminu are all expiring contracts, i don’t see why Cleveland wouldn’t just trade with Chicago directly.

However, Thad and Satoransky for Bojan works. It’s a way better return for Chicago than just a salary dump.

Thad is a drop off from other guys that have been suggested, and he is a drop off talent wise from Bogie. However, he’s a much better fit, so I’d pull the trigger. I have no clue on what Satoransky’s game is like.

EDIT: for some reason I thought Young could hit the three, he barely attempts any at all. I retract my earlier support for trading Bojan for him.

Last edited:
Lauri is not a 5 at all lmao. Thad would get the backup 5 minutes and could play 10 minutes or so with Rudy. He goes back to his less effective role but he’s still an effective two way player in that role as well. He helps us size up and size down. I’d prefer him to Nance personally. Nance has had a tough time staying healthy. Nance had 1 year of disruptive defense… Thad has been that for a while.

They didn’t bring him back all they did was offer another two-way contract with a 50K guarantee.
So he’s coming back unless he decides to go overseas. He’s not getting any NBA offer of any kind from anyone but the Jazz.

I would have preferred to offer the two way slot to someone else.

So he’s coming back unless he decides to go overseas. He’s not getting any NBA offer of any kind from anyone but the Jazz.
You don’t know that. I could see him getting a minimum deal. He was really productive in the g league and had the right body type to intrigue some team.

I don’t see a way you could swing both Thad and Nance-I don’t think there’s really any way we land Nance at all tbh. Thad, Satoransky, and Aminu are all expiring contracts, i don’t see why Cleveland wouldn’t just trade with Chicago directly.

However, Thad and Satoransky for Bojan works. It’s a way better return for Chicago than just a salary dump.

Thad is a drop off from other guys that have been suggested, and he is a drop off talent wise from Bogie. However, he’s a much better fit, so I’d pull the trigger. I have no clue on what Satoransky’s game is like.

EDIT: for some reason I thought Young could hit the three, he barely attempts any at all. I retract my earlier support for trading Bojan for him.
The Bulls and Cavs could just work directly but my idea is taking their current desires into consideration. The Cavs want to save future money and the Bulls want to save money this summer. Just check the numbers on this deal:

Bulls get Bojan - they save $6 million this summer

Cavs get Aminu and Thomas - they save $9 million next summer

Jazz get Thad and Nance - we spend $6 more this summer but spend $10 less next summer

Cavs get 2nd rounders out of this deal and maybe we could get some protected 1st that turns into 2nds

Lauri is not a 5 at all lmao. Thad would get the backup 5 minutes and could play 10 minutes or so with Rudy. He goes back to his less effective role but he’s still an effective two way player in that role as well. He helps us size up and size down. I’d prefer him to Nance personally. Nance has had a tough time staying healthy. Nance had 1 year of disruptive defense… Thad has been that for a while.

I mean, positions are labels and don’t mean anything. What’s most important is that Thad can’t ply the same role in the paint next to Rudy.

But you’re right. The same offensive concerns we have about Nance apply to Thad. Even though Thad didn’t shoot 3’s last year he’s probably as good of a shooter as Nance.

I prefer Nance because I’m looking at more of a 2-3 window and I prefer his youth, but they both give you the same types of things offensively and defensively.

The Bulls and Cavs could just work directly but my idea is taking their current desires into consideration. The Cavs want to save future money and the Bulls want to save money this summer. Just check the numbers on this deal:

Bulls get Bojan - they save $6 million this summer

Cavs get Aminu and Thomas - they save $9 million next summer

Jazz get Thad and Nance - we spend $6 more this summer but spend $10 less next summer

Cavs get 2nd rounders out of this deal and maybe we could get some protected 1st that turns into 2nds

We don’t need both Thad and Nance. One or the other and get other stuff with the delta in salary/trade equity.

I mean, positions are labels and don’t mean anything. What’s most important is that Thad can’t ply the same role in the paint next to Rudy.

But you’re right. The same offensive concerns we have about Nance apply to Thad. Even though Thad didn’t shoot 3’s last year he’s probably as good of a shooter as Nance.

I prefer Nance because I’m looking at more of a 2-3 window and I prefer his youth, but they both give you the same types of things offensively and defensively.
There aren’t a lot of deals I like out there for Bogey, if I’m honest (even though he’d be the first I’d move). I’d like to trade him for a younger player and maybe picks. Nance and Covington are the two sort of lateral moves I’d like for Bogey. Can’t really see anything else out there that makes a lot of sense.