What's new

Jazz Offseason Plan

Prediction: We sign Batum to full MLE. Why re-sign with the Clips when Kawhi is gonna be out most of the year? I think we snag him and call it a day. Which will be frustrating a bit. Sign Chiozza or something as a 3rd pg idk.

Prediction: We sign Batum to full MLE. Why re-sign with the Clips when Kawhi is gonna be out most of the year? I think we snag him and call it a day. Which will be frustrating a bit. Sign Chiozza or something as a 3rd pg idk.
I really don’t think we’re in the running for Batum but I hope you’re right.

OP jr. may be the best guy we can get with TPMLE money. I don’t think he will ever have sustained health. If you can get him on a 1+1 with second year team option that is ideal.

Batum is best option… he just does a little of everything and that’s kinda what we need… it sounds as though Batum and Gay will have better options. If you are Nic are you coming to Utah to hang with Rudy or headed to the Warriors clippers or Lakers… all who have starting jobs wide open for him.

If you don’t get one of those guys I think you hunt with minimum deals or I’d consider splitting the MLE with a couple guys that are the top of the minimum market and asking for team options… while 1.2 m extra isn’t a ton in nba terms… for a guy with a minimum salary it’s

OPJ and Nader would be sweet.

The Jazz need a 6'9" / 230-lb / 7' ws forward who can defend multiple positions, rebound, make open 3s and move the ball.

Nic Batum matches that basic description.
Bobby Portis would probably work.
Lauri Markkanen is interesting as a trade candidate.

That has to be the kind of guy the Jazz are looking for. They have enough guards and wings, but they're almost empty at the 4.
Lauri doesn’t fit the description of that “defender”

Thoughts on Jock Landale? He can hit the 3 and is mobile and decent defender. 6'11"
I like Jock as a minimum contract backup center option. The across the pond options intrigue me far more than the minimum contract options in the NBA. I might use part of the TPMLE on Mo Harkless and then try to find the best guys across the pond on minimums. Harkless, Dorsey, and Landale would be great.

Is there any way to do a double SnT Conley for Lonzo? I think I like Lonzo better long-term for us than signing Conley for 3 years.

Is there any way to do a double SnT Conley for Lonzo? I think I like Lonzo better long-term for us than signing Conley for 3 years.
We would have to stay under the apron which is around $140 million. Right now, I think we are at $122.

To get Lonzo via a S&T, we pretty much would have to trade Bojan and not bring much salary back. It's possible, but highly unlikely.

I just read a report from Tony Jones that the Jazz are expected to finalize a 3-year-deal for Conley when the market officially opens. This looks like a done deal.

I just read a report from Tony Jones that the Jazz are expected to finalize a 3-year-deal for Conley when the market officially opens. This looks like a done deal.
If it's $20 million per year as reported, I'm okay with that.

If it's $20 million per year as reported, I'm okay with that.
If it’s 25 million per year, I’m still okay with it. But $20 million would be massively better.

I do worry a little about Dallas swooping in now that Lowry and Ball are seemingly going elsewhere and jacking up the price to keep Conley.