What's new

Jazz Offseason Plan

With the exception of the Conley signing, none of these are earth shattering moves, but they are all upgrades, and we might win an extra game or 2 over the course of the season.

At this point, **** it. Go after Schröder for the vet minimum. Sell him on the idea that he can give the high hard one to the Lakers and that Conley (and even Mitchell) are fairly oft-injured so he’ll see time. Play no one more than 28 minutes a game with complete lock down d as guys should be fresher.

Conley (24)-Schröder (12)-Butler (12)
Mitchell (28)-Clarkson (20)
O’Neale (28)-Ingles (20)
Bogdanovic (2)-Gay (16)-Ingles (4)
Gobert (28)-Whiteside (8)-Doke (8)-Gay (4)

Forrest and Paschall see time during DNP’s, injury and garbage time. Schröder gives us another legit perimeter defender which we need but he’s far more than just that. And oh yeah, he’d be ANOTHER asset to be able to trade come February if we wanted to turn three good players into one great.

At this point, **** it. Go after Schröder for the vet minimum. Sell him on the idea that he can give the high hard one to the Lakers and that Conley (and even Mitchell) are fairly oft-injured so he’ll see time. Play no one more than 28 minutes a game with complete lock down d as guys should be fresher.

O’Neale (28)-Ingles (20)

Forrest and Paschall see time during DNP’s, injury and garbage time. Schröder gives us another legit perimeter defender which we need but he’s far more than just that. And oh yeah, he’d be ANOTHER asset to be able to trade come February if we wanted to turn three good players into one great.
I would love to get Schroder but isn't he gonna get paid WAY more than the minimum?

O’Neale (28)-Ingles (20)

lol Schroder is a terrible perimeter defender and he's not coming here just to play 12 min a game. Either give him BIG pay or BIG minutes. We can offer him neither.

Overall, I'm very happy with this off-season so far.

- We had to pay to bring back Conley so whatever we paid we had to.

- The Butler draft gymnastics worked out so well for us. I love the pick.

- I like the Rudy Gay signing. He's a really good player for us to have off the bench.

- The Paschall trade is amazing value for both on and off the court.

The only thing I would have done differently is that I would have held onto Favors instead of using a 1st to dump him. And if we had Favors, we wouldn't have needed to sign Whiteside.

I would give the off-season an A so far. Very impressive.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

So I went through all the rosters and salaries to see what could meet our needs with the Favors TPE. I don't think there's really anything out there. The only two that I thought maybe would be Kris Dunn from Boston (some talk of him maybe being moved again) and Justin Holiday from Indiana.

@Handlogten's Heros you got any names?

So I think just trying to grab a guy in free agency who would essentially be a Royce insurance because if he goes down it could look ugly. We're obviously going to have a guy with a lot of flaws, but yeah I'm okay with RHJ or Winslow or Ennis. I wouldn't hold much hope out for the TPE.
Troy Brown is another and then a bunch of guys signed too. Wait until during the season and there may be more. It’s a weird salary range.

Troy Brown is another and then a bunch of guys signed too. Wait until during the season and there may be more. It’s a weird salary range.
What do you think it would take to get Tate? Here's a "mortgage TF out of the future" move but what about 2 first rounders for Dort? You'd think OKC's cup overfloweth and wouldn't have interest, but who knows. Grabbing Dort moves all the chips on the table. You've got a two year window. We would have everything on the roster at our disposal except flexible coaching.

There was a guy that got traded in the Westbrook-Dinwiddie sweepstakes Chandler Hutchison to the Spurs by the Wiz. . The Spurs appeared to be hanging out minding their own business and took Hutchison and a 2nd round pick for nothing. Moving Hutchison allowed the Wiz to resign Raul Neto.

There was a guy that got traded in the Westbrook-Dinwiddie sweepstakes Chandler Hutchison to the Spurs by the Wiz. . The Spurs appeared to be hanging out minding their own business and took Hutchison and a 2nd round pick for nothing. Moving Hutchison allowed the Wiz to resign Raul Neto.
They had cap space. They spent cap space. I'm sure they would rather have had a different free agent if they could have gotten one.

They had cap space. They spent cap space. I'm sure they would rather have had a different free agent if they could have gotten one.
They also got a 2nd round pick for their trouble. There are going to be guys like this changing teams in the not so distant future.

E
They also got a 2nd round pick for their trouble. There are going to be guys like this changing teams in the not so distant future.
Eh, when you are where the Spurs are you need a lot more than just another 2nd round pick out of 50 million in capspace. Is there anyone left that they can spend it on? They have to be way below the threshold. . .

Something to watch this season, all 3 new acquisitions are plus usage players replacing lower usage players. The Jazz have had a significantly better record when one of Mitchell, Conley, Bogdanovic, Ingles, or Clarkson has missed the game than when all 5 have been available.

Usage rates:

Favors - 13%
Niang - 17.4%
Ilyasova - 18.7%

Whiteside - 23.5%
Gay - 23.6%
Paschall - 23.5%

Something has got to give.

Something to watch this season, all 3 new acquisitions are plus usage players replacing lower usage players. The Jazz have had a significantly better record when one of Mitchell, Conley, Bogdanovic, Ingles, or Clarkson has missed the game than when all 5 have been available.

Usage rates:

Favors - 13%
Niang - 17.4%
Ilyasova - 18.7%

Whiteside - 23.5%
Gay - 23.6%
Paschall - 23.5%

Something has got to give.
Those three guys usage will go down when they play with the second unit, especially Clarkson who doesn't pass much.