What's new

Jazz Offseason Plan

But also... how do we know that Dame won't demand a trade? I do not see the obvious upside here.
Demanding 2 trades within the same contract? Like, if you get Dame, you're getting that contract. Dame having the Weber State connection here does mean something to him. This was all discussed under the premise rumors about Donovan are true.

Don't think Donovan is going to abandon DWade
DWade just got here and things will change for the better
DWade bought in cause of Donovan
This Checketts talk is just for ratings which are probably bad

Donovan is pissed about losing to the Clippers, and he's reportedly pissed about states (including Utah) opposing the teaching of CRT, but I'm not sure it's enough for him to demand a trade. He knows the grass isn't always greener. I think he gives Utah another year or two. They were just the #1 seed after all.

Yes, I agree. Especially on the younger front. Otherwise, there’s really nowhere to pivot except to a total rebuild if things go south. That’s what happens when you deplete your assets to get older to contend.

Bogey needs to be moved for someone younger, longer and athletic with some upside, IMO. To match, it might mean taking on some average salary we don’t really want to get a younger guy we do want.

Bojan for Bogdan straight up!

Donovan is pissed about losing to the Clippers, and he's reportedly pissed about states (including Utah) opposing the teaching of CRT, but I'm not sure it's enough for him to demand a trade. He knows the grass isn't always greener. I think he gives Utah another year or two. They were just the #1 seed after all.
Besides that CRT is not taught in public school and is manufactured by the right wing to stoke a culture war because they don’t have a coherent ideology.

In a vacuum, there’s a zero percent chance I trade Don for Dame straight up. Is Portland throwing in a pick?

If we know Don is unhappy and will request a trade in two years, then yeah, I’d do it.

But in a vacuum, there’s no way I’d trade a player that’s arguably already as good as Dame that is 7 years younger than Dame for Dame straight up.

And I love Dame. Maybe my favorite individual player in the NBA.
Dame is inarguably better right now. He’s 1st team all nba caliber, Donovan isn’t, and that’s not saying anything negative about DM. It’s not even clear Donovan is better than Devin Booker. Donovan’s best case scenario is getting as good as Dame is right now. That’s why I’d make the trade. With just a couple roster adjustments, Dame makes the Jazz a leading title contender.

Dame is inarguably better right now. He’s 1st team all nba caliber, Donovan isn’t, and that’s not saying anything negative about DM. It’s not even clear Donovan is better than Devin Booker. Donovan’s best case scenario is getting as good as Dame is right now. That’s why I’d make the trade. With just a couple roster adjustments, Dame makes the Jazz a leading title contender.

Wow. This is a straight trash post.

How does Dame make us better? We would swap out Donovan and Conley for him. We are considerably worse with that happening.

Donovan is WAY better than that chucker Booker. So disrespectful.

They've been my primary target all along. Their big rotation is impressively bad and has been forever.
They are also loaded at the guard spot with Monk/Graham fighting for minutes behind Ball/Rozier. Those two are solid starter/sixth man type player who can go off for 30+ on any given night. We’d be foolish not to take advantage.

How does Dame make us better? We would swap out Donovan and Conley for him. We are considerably worse with that happening.

DM is not "WAY" better than booker. The amount of ****ing subjective sensi poo about DM on this site is flat out ridiculous. People here trying to tell us DM's **** tastes like chocolate. Get over yourself. Your identity is not what people say about DM.

Who said let Mike go? Also, this post is straight up nonsense. Dame is absolutely better than Donovan at the moment. And Booker is great. There’s no objective reality with Donovan with some of you. You re-sign Mike and trade Donovan and someone like Joe and bring back Dame and someone like Derrick Jones Jr. Some of you are attached to Donovan to a fault. He’s a great basketball player, if he doesn’t want to be here he is a cloud over the organization and his teammates and coaches for the next couple years before he asks for a trade.

It’s not trash if you watch other teams besides the Jazz. Take the blinders off.

I have no idea who is better
Would love to see some statistical comparisons though.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I would imagine the Jazz offseason plans look like a complex flow chart with the first box "Sign Conley: Yes/No" and the answer to that leads to permutations all over the place. Sorry minivan your flow chart is not as complicated.
Helluva post
Lol

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Donovan Mitchell has had a better 4 year start than almost any player in NBA history. Yes, he's better than Dame. Not by a lot, but I think he's better. Before this season, I think Dame has had a better roster around him.

Booker is a good chucker. That Phoenix roster is very good, but without Paul, that roster wasn't going anywhere. I don't like Paul, but he made them legit. Not Booker.

Without Don, we would be awful. Even if everyone else was 100% healthy, he is our playoff X factor.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Donovan Mitchell has had a better 4 year start than almost any player in NBA history. Yes, he's better than Dame. Not by a lot, but I think he's better. Before this season, I think Dame has had a better roster around him.

Booker is a good chucker. That Phoenix roster is very good, but without Paul, that roster wasn't going anywhere. I don't like Paul, but he made them legit. Not Booker.

Without Don, we would be awful. Even if everyone else was 100% healthy, he is our playoff X factor.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
I can’t believe what I’m reading. Seriously, go to a general nba forum or ask someone that isn’t a Jazz or Blazer fan and ask if Donovan is better than Dame, then tell me if you just get laughed or severely roasted. Lilliard was sixth in MVP voting-he is inarguably better right now than Donovan.

Donovan is still great! He very well could be better than Dame some day! But Jazz homers are the *only* people that would say Lilliard isn’t as good as Mitchell. Give me a break.

I find it hilarious when fans trash a great player trying to make their player better. Look Damian, DM and Booker are all great players. I enjoy watching all three players and think all three are pretty unstoppable one on one. They all have flaws too.