What's new

Jazz Offseason Plan

I know the Pacers have been mentioned. Brogdon’s name has been bounced around. We’ve wondered if they’d want Bogey back.

Oshae Brissett would be a dude I’d try to get in on. Makes under 2M. Two years left on his deal. Super young. Super efficient on offense last year. Has awesome size—7’0” wingspan, 8’8” standing reach at 6’7”. Can hit the 3. Has tools to work with on defense.

If the Jazz pulled off something like this I’d then try & trade Bogey for an athletic player. Someone like Cam Reddish.
Show me the cap magic for how this happens.

Bogey trades are so hard to do on the trade machine.

EDIT: Okay, so Bogey for Reddish, Hunter, and Fernando works. Maybe the Hawks go all in on “win now.” Bogey actually fits okay with the hawks. I’d guess we’d be throwing in No. 30.

Last edited:
I know the Pacers have been mentioned. Brogdon’s name has been bounced around. We’ve wondered if they’d want Bogey back.

Oshae Brissett would be a dude I’d try to get in on. Makes under 2M. Two years left on his deal. Super young. Super efficient on offense last year. Has awesome size—7’0” wingspan, 8’8” standing reach at 6’7”. Can hit the 3. Has tools to work with on defense.
Love Brissett. Don’t see how we get him here.

Show me the cap magic for how this happens.

Bogey trades are so hard to do on the trade machine.

EDIT: Okay, so Bogey for Reddish, Hunter, and Fernando works. Maybe the Hawks go all in on “win now.” Bogey actually fits okay with the hawks. I’d guess we’d be throwing in No. 30.
I was just throwing out a name as an example. I just meant someone a lot more athletic. No team with Lauri Markkanen, Bogey, Ingles, & Niang getting minutes is getting out the 1st round of the playoffs. Other examples of names could be (with filler players if needed) Caris Levert, Terry Rozier, Tim Hardaway Jr, Robert Covington, Thaddeus Young, etc.

So back to this live, great vibes from 3:38-4:06 in that live right?

Eric: “bro you need to get out of Utah with this”

Donovan: “bro I don’t want to turn into some like……bruh I’m just chillin bro”

That’s an “I want to leave, but I don’t want to look bad” kinda energy answer there.

What don’t you want to turn into Don? His want to be here ain’t why he’s here, his want to protect his image is his top worry. “Bro I don’t want to turn into some like…..”

That might actually be the most positive sign you’ll get for me. Like he won’t be here beyond this contract, but his image is important to him enough he may not force his way out until the last year of the deal (another reason the PO was so extremely stupid but also why he wanted it so bad). But you also hope the organization knows as well to a point they don’t kid themselves with it. If I were the Jazz I’d probably get ahead of it and trade him after the 2022-23 season. His value will be at its highest peak right then. May as well just dive all the way in the next couple years.

Last edited:
All I know is I am absolutely dead-set on finding some way to turn Bogey into Franz Wagner (or Moses Moody). I'm about to become a full-blown meme about it. I'm telling you, the kid is going to ball out on the right team (a good one where he isn't expected to be a star and his elite glue guy skills can shine) is going to make a massive impact.

While we're engaging in fantasy:
-Trade Clarkson into NY's cap space and get #19 or #21 (grab Butler)
-Trade Bogey and #30 into SAS's space for #12 (grab Wagner or Moody)
-Find some way to dump Favors into space (OKC?)
-Cut Oni (and whoever else on the end of the bench who aren't guaranteed salary)
-Then the Jazz have ~$25 million in cap space to go after Lonzo Ball or John Collins

Oh yeah! I like this thinking. Maneuvering that way nets much more for those two than a straight trade.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

I don’t see it in Wagner. Like at all. He reeks of bust to me. Awkward dribble and mediocre athleticism (at best), he reeks of Tyler Hansborough in how he moves on a court (not to mention his cheerleading shenanigans) and what he does on the court…plus he can hit the 3 I guess. He’s an easy no. Dude will be out of the league sooner rather than later IMO. I wouldn’t draft him at 30, let alone 13.

I don’t see it in Wagner. Like at all. He reeks of bust to me. Awkward dribble and mediocre athleticism (at best), he reeks of Tyler Hansborough in how he moves on a court (not to mention his cheerleading shenanigans) and what he does on the court…plus he can hit the 3 I guess. He’s an easy no. Dude will be out of the league sooner rather than later IMO. I wouldn’t draft him at 30, let alone 13.
I agree. I'm not very high on him at all. If he dropped to #30, I would take him, but I wouldn't trade up to draft him.

Lmao. He's for sure lottery. One of the bet defensive players in the class, one of the younger players in the class, pretty much good at everything already.

Comparing him to Hansborough is one of the dumbest race based comps since anything Lopo has said.

Lmao. He's for sure lottery. One of the bet defensive players in the class, one of the younger players in the class, pretty much good at everything already.

Comparing him to Hansborough is one of the dumbest race based comps since anything Lopo has said.

We can revisit this in five years. He’s awful. Also, his rebounding numbers blow and I’d hardly call 34% from the college 3 good. He’s gonna have no place offensively on a court and be overwhelmed on the defensive end by nba athletes. It’s blatantly obvious watching him.

Wagner is basically a further ahead Joe Ingles. He has a lot of room to improve on his jumper, but the defense/feel/versatility are all there. If he was a better shooter, he'd be an easy top 10. I think his shooting will definitely improve, along with his scoring craftiness.

they fired DL for a reason
What's ridiculous though is DL basically has gotten zero criticism from media for any of the things he has done. He really **** the bed this year and no one ever said jack about it. Not one person had any criticism for the Conley deal nor mentioned any of the obvious red flags.

Wagner is basically a further ahead Joe Ingles. He has a lot of room to improve on his jumper, but the defense/feel/versatility are all there. If he was a better shooter, he'd be an easy top 10. I think his shooting will definitely improve, along with his scoring craftiness.

lmfao. Yeah, he has the handle of Stephen Hawking, the shot of Helen Keller and rebounds like Mini-Me.

Last edited:
We can revisit this in five years. He’s awful. Also, his rebounding numbers blow and I’d hardly call 34% from the college 3 good. He’s gonna have no place offensively on a court and be overwhelmed on the defensive end by nba athletes. It’s blatantly obvious watching him.
These are all things said about Draymond Green FWIW.

I’m not saying he’s Draymond Green or that he’s all that comparable, just that such reads can be wildly off.

In any case, I love what you’re saying because my hope is that teams are gonna be turned off because he’s a goofy looking white guy (S/O to Joe). I don’t think he gets to 30 but if he gets to the 10-20 range then I think he’s gettable.

He would also probably look bad on a team without talent or organization (like most players do, BTW).

These are all things said about Draymond Green FWIW.

I’m not saying he’s Draymond Green or that he’s all that comparable, just that such reads can be wildly off.

In any case, I love what you’re saying because my hope is that teams are gonna be turned off because he’s a goofy looking white guy. I don’t think he gets to 30 but if he gets to the 10-20 range then I think he’s gettable.

Some huge differences though. In college, Draymond was a very good rebounder and elite passer. His age and fatassedness were the concerns.

Wagner’s craftiness, as Cy likes to call it, is what guys like Trey Burke could do in college. They understand spacing a bit and how to use their bodies and so forth. They maximize their talents in college. That’s what I see on film. A guy who is maximizing his ability.

I don’t see it translating well.

Some huge differences though. In college, Draymond was a very good rebounder and elite passer. His age and fatassedness were the concerns.
And that he specifically couldn’t guard anybody in the NBA. I read that from DX.

And Wagner is an elite passer. Also shoots >80% from the line (and his form is workable). He’s an elite disruptor on defense. >11 BPM ain’t nothing to sneeze at.

I don't either, but here's the thing: Pop has gotta be emperor of the franchise and I have a tough time imagining that he's going to want to slog through a rebuild.

Or send Clarkson instead. IDK. I think they could be getting jumpy and they have the assets that plants crave.
Pop may slide out of the scene once he gets the record for most Coaching Wins.... which, iirc, could be after next season.

And that he specifically couldn’t guard anybody in the NBA. I read that from DX.

And Wagner is an elite passer. Also shoots >80% from the line (and his form is workable). He’s an elite disruptor on defense. >11 BPM ain’t nothing to sneeze at.

I’d hardly call 3.0 assists a game elite. I doubt he can run an offense like Draymond. But it’s certainly very strong. Like I said, I don’t see where he fits on offense. He’ll get hammered on the boards. He won’t be quick enough or have a good enough handle to play the 3. IMO of course.

I don't hate Wagner, but I'm also not enamored with him. He's not an elite athlete which concerns me. Is he even an athlete at all? Seems like a guy with a complete skill set for college but will he translate to the NBA?

He might work. Might not. Not worth trading up for in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G970U using JazzFanz mobile app