What's new

Jazz players at the World Cup

I wish Favors made the team. Cousins looks horrible. A black hole on offense. Silly turnovers... Not to mention Drummond and Plumlee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Schuhmann @johnschuhmann
I believe both Motiejunas (LTU) & Exum (AUS) have sat the entire 2nd half as Lithuania has cut the Australia lead from 19 to 3.

Buddy Grizzard @BuddyGrizzard
Dante Exum hasn't seen the floor in the second half after his lackluster defense in the first.

I'll admit I haven't watched a lot but Dragic is struggling against Korea.

Same team we were complaining that Dante was struggling against.

With less than 5 minutes left in the 2nd quarter, undefeated Slovenia is losing to Korea.

Struggling? Hardly. 10 points in 13 minutes of play on 5/7 shooting. He's playing OK.

I'll admit I haven't watched a lot but Dragic is struggling against Korea.

Same team we were complaining that Dante was struggling against.

With less than 5 minutes left in the 2nd quarter, undefeated Slovenia is losing to Korea.

You should delete that post, it doesn't match the pre-approved script.

I wish Favors made the team. Cousins looks horrible. A black hole on offense. Silly turnovers... Not to mention Drummond and Plumlee

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I think a 5th center would be handy against Spain so we could have nothing but centers on the floor and then Coach K could have cut Derozan.

Australia vs Lithuania is on. Dante is on the bench.
Dante in. Nice backdoor cut and an assist to Motum in the paint.
Motum with a tip in in offense.
Great bounce pass by Exum inside, but Motum couldn't control it and the TO is given to Exum. Dante out.
30:20 in the first quarter. Baynes made the difference. Valanciunas is struggling.
Motum with a nice cut to the basket. Misses the first , but tips it in.
Wow. Joe Ingles with a great game so far. I hope it rubs off on Exum, having in mind they are roommates.
Australia leading with 47:28 at half-time.
Exum with 1rb, 1ast, 1to
Motum with 6pts, 2 rebs(3/7 shooting, 0/1 from 3)
Third quarter:
Exum has officially been demoted to Australia's third PG. Gibson in for Dellavedova.
4th quarter:
Gibson in for Dellavedova again... Dante still on the bench.

Game over, Australia wins even though Lithuania made a push in the third and the fourth. Exum played only 4 minutes and didn't get in the game in the second half.

Sounds like Ingles is going to parlay his play into a NBA contract.

Australia vs Mexico on.

Exum starts on the bench.
Gibson in for Dellavedova. Exum still on the bench.
Exum in for Ingles with 4:30 to go in the first.
Exum with drive and kick for the corner 3.
Defensive rebound by Exum - takes it off the rim, tips it to a teammate.
Dante plays off the ball a lot. Nice defense with 4 seconds to go forces a shot after the clock. End of first.
Dante to the bench at the beginning of the second.
Gibson in for Dellavedova.
Motum coast to coast layup.
Start of 3 Q. Exum on the bench.
Gibson in for Dellavedove, Exum still on the bench.
Dante in. Played 1 minute... then taken out.
Australia wins, Dante played about 5 minutes and finished with 1 assist and 1 rebound.
Motum played about 8 minutes, finished with 2 pts(1/2FG), 2 rebs, 1 ast, 1st, 2to.

Last edited:
One thing I notice is about Exum is that he is able to get into the paint, but he refuses to take it up strong. I've counted twice now that he has gotten in the paint with no shot blockers present and refused to go up for a layup. One time he swung it to an open 3 pointer, but still, he doesn't appear to have that offensive mentality yet. He is like the opposite of Burks.