What's new

Jazz Roster (Updated for Collins Trade)

Think I’m out on big free agents and fully trying to compete. I want a developmental year. I want Hendricks starting with Lauri and Kessler day one. Keyonte regularly getting heavy PG minutes. Clarkson, KO, and others should be on the block.

Would be awesome to exceed expectations again. It would mean Hendricks and George are legit early. And if not, we can probably keep our pick.

How do you include 2 players that can opt out?

Sexton, Dunn
Agbaji, George
Hendricks, sensabough, Fontecchio
Markannen, olynyk, gay
Kessler, Jones
Because until they do they are on the roster
I'd be way surprised If THT opts out. Without a trade, I expect him to be there once training camp starts.

With Clarkson, I can see either him wanting a new contract elsewhere, while we're confident we can use the money for a new contract to get a player that compliments better our young core needs and time, but I also think we might not be able to get as much talent in as our cap space makes It possible and prefer to make a non self destructive effort to keep him.

Is Sexton being shopped or was it bs? we didn't draft a point guard but we did draft a 6th man type.
I am thinking maybe everyone was available knowing Danny, just nobody offerred enough for him to move anyone.
Sexton really has little value having not played much in 2 seasons, but we could just unload him if he does not look to ever be
the guy he was or was becoming

The weird thing for me is with the draft i don't know how strong we"ll really be able to push for competing next season.

Don't hate any of our picks, but George and Brice look more like a season or two of development before being real contributors (maybe before If other guys moving away between THT, Sexton and Clarkson). Don't hate a longer course for a rebuild (even If It looks like we better don't fool around keeping Markkanen), but for all the talk around wanting to convey the 24 pick to OKC, our current group sure is missing out reliable playmaking really bad.

Whoever we target (and those we actually land) at free agency gonna be key at clearing that.

Think I’m out on big free agents and fully trying to compete. I want a developmental year. I want Hendricks starting with Lauri and Kessler day one. Keyonte regularly getting heavy PG minutes. Clarkson, KO, and others should be on the block.

Would be awesome to exceed expectations again. It would mean Hendricks and George are legit early. And if not, we can probably keep our pick.
Keyonte ability to score and tools to do it are pretty elite, but he needs to be a lot more efficient by taking better shots,playing better within the flow of the offense being run by a good pg. Maybe you think him being the pg that's what needs to happen to get there. I think this org will not be doing that unless they trade Sexton before the season starts. More likely KG is playing some sg off the bench next to Dunn or THT. We are always going to be developing, but not by fire

Keyonte ability to score and tools to do it are pretty elite, but he needs to be a lot more efficient by taking better shots,playing better within the flow of the offense being run by a good pg. Maybe you think him being the pg that's what needs to happen to get there. I think this org will not be doing that unless they trade Sexton before the season starts. More likely KG is playing some sg off the bench next to Dunn or THT. We are always going to be developing, but not by fire
Pretty sure they've said they drafted him fully intending him to be a PG. Whether or not that happens is a different story. But think they'll give him the chance.

Sexton/THT/Dunn
Ochai/Clarkson/George
Lauri/Hendricks/Fonteccio
Olynyk/Sensabaugh/Gay/Samanic
Kessler/Jones/Vernon Carey Jr
JC won't be here. Gay will be waived if he is not traded in the summer. Vernon Carey won't make the roster. Samanic is 50/50 but I like him... same with Tech (though I think he's more like 80/20).

I think there will be a big salary move... whether its Dejounte Murray, Austin Reaves, Bruce Brown, FVV or a mega salary dump like Kyle Lowry... because we have a lot of the roster spots spoken for and a lot of salary we can play with.

JC won't be here. Gay will be waived if he is not traded in the summer. Vernon Carey won't make the roster. Samanic is 50/50 but I like him... same with Tech (though I think he's more like 80/20).

I think there will be a big salary move... whether its Dejounte Murray, Austin Reaves, Bruce Brown, FVV or a mega salary dump like Kyle Lowry... because we have a lot of the roster spots spoken for and a lot of salary we can play with.
I'll be pretty surprised if they don't re-sign JC (unless it's the S&T route)

I still think they want to retain as much value as possible. You dont just let a guy who put up 20-4-4 walk away if you can get him on a fair deal.

I still think they want to retain as much value as possible. You dont just let a guy who put up 20-4-4 walk away if you can get him on a fair deal.
I think it will be a sign and trade or opt in and trade. Either way I think he is gone. He really kind of needs our help to get where he wants to go... I just have a hard time adding Keyonte to Sexton/JC/THT/Ochai in the guard rotation. At least one of those guys is gone (could be Sexton). Dunn also factors in a little though he doesn't drive the decision.

I also wonder if we could have some sort of weird double deal where we agree to trade JC to LA (after he opts in) for Beasley's expiring (which they would exercise for this) and they agree not to match an Austin Reaves offer sheet. Because of the weird stuff with his offer I don't think we can do it straight across.

I think it will be a sign and trade or opt in and trade. Either way I think he is gone. He really kind of needs our help to get where he wants to go... I just have a hard time adding Keyonte to Sexton/JC/THT/Ochai in the guard rotation. At least one of those guys is gone (could be Sexton). Dunn also factors in a little though he doesn't drive the decision.
Ochai/THT can play up and you can play a lot of 3 guard lineups.

The Jazz still have no natural 3's on the roster (huge glaring hole imo) so they can get pretty creative with lineups. I don't see having Clarkson as a logjam though I totally get trading him if they find good value.

I just simply dont see them letting him walk unless there is someone offering him absurd money.

I also wonder if we could have some sort of weird double deal where we agree to trade JC to LA (after he opts in) for Beasley's expiring (which they would exercise for this) and they agree not to match an Austin Reaves offer sheet. Because of the weird stuff with his offer I don't think we can do it straight across.
They are matching w/e Reaves gets.

The lakers would rather have Reaves than Clarkson.

Just like we should have done last year. Play the youth and let the chips fall. If we are great then fantastic. If we suck. Then cool.

Can't believe we didn't do that last season from day 1.

The weird thing for me is with the draft i don't know how strong we"ll really be able to push for competing next season.

Don't hate any of our picks, but George and Brice look more like a season or two of development before being real contributors (maybe before If other guys moving away between THT, Sexton and Clarkson). Don't hate a longer course for a rebuild (even If It looks like we better don't fool around keeping Markkanen), but for all the talk around wanting to convey the 24 pick to OKC, our current group sure is missing out reliable playmaking really bad.

Whoever we target (and those we actually land) at free agency gonna be key at clearing that.
Trades too

The roster is a little wonky right now... even if JC is let go i think we have a weird fit thing with George/Sexton off the bench. I'd imagine Dunn or THT might match with George off the bench.

Maybe George doesn't play much this season. I'm just curious what the next move is for us. George theoretically causes some fit issues but I guess we worry about that if he is good?

Feels like we may need some sort of consolidation deal, which is why I pitched Murray... Dunn, LA pick, Cleveland pick for Murray? I'd want to know if he would extend before doing it. Hawks may find a better way out of the jam. I also wonder how cheap Morris or Jones would be with the Wizards. Wouldn't be giving up a first there.... hmmm... the next move is kind of a tough one to nail.