What's new

Jazz sign Bojan

To recap, Bojan was higher on the Jazz's list than Niko. However,

1. They didn't think they had a realistic chance at Bojan.
2. Niko had a "price is right" market value to them.

They ultimately ended up with the better player, but had to pay more and it possibly cost them some other lower-tier FA they had in mind.

C’mon man. Had Conley been in the east he’d have that. The only reason Gobert hasn’t been an allstar is that he’s known more for defense than offense, and this is only Mitchell’s third year. He’ll have a good shot at being one with Klay injured. This a super team
What if we defined Superteam as requiring 2 or 3 top ten players in the league?

...We have a coach that knows his x’s And o’s better than anyone and gets his team wide open look after wide open look, and we start 4 guys who hit threes at a good to great to elite level next to the best roll big in the game, this offense is going to be as good as any offense in the league, with a top defense to boot. If this isn’t a super team I don’t know what is?

I know Snyder is awesome. And his system is great. I do wonder, though, how many of the open looks were generated merely because teams were packing the paint because our perimeter shooting was not great. In other words, we may get fewer open looks simply because defenses will take us more seriously on the perimeter.

I’ve mentioned that before. Very similar. You’ve got Hayward who had an entire offense built around him. Bojan hasn’t been. He comes off a lot of screens. I think he gives you 90% of what we would have wanted Hayward’s Robin to be. I do think the better comparison for our team and offense next year is our 2016-2017 team. We were starting to ascend and knew we were one player away. Well, we’ve added Donovan, essentially replaced Hayward with Bojan, and upgraded George Hill to a super George Hill (Conley). Favors has been replaced by 85% Favors in Davis, and we no longer have the front court spacing issues.

Plus I’m not really convinced we’ve lost anything defensively.

Great post.

I know Snyder is awesome. And his system is great. I do wonder, though, how many of the open looks were generated merely because teams were packing the paint because our perimeter shooting was not great. In other words, we may get fewer open looks simply because defenses will take us more seriously on the perimeter.
Then Gobert will get dunk after dunk after dunk after dunk. Then we’ll get wide open three after wide open three and so on and so on.

I’ve mentioned that before. Very similar. You’ve got Hayward who had an entire offense built around him. Bojan hasn’t been. He comes off a lot of screens. I think he gives you 90% of what we would have wanted Hayward’s Robin to be. I do think the better comparison for our team and offense next year is our 2016-2017 team. We were starting to ascend and knew we were one player away. Well, we’ve added Donovan, essentially replaced Hayward with Bojan, and upgraded George Hill to a super George Hill (Conley). Favors has been replaced by 85% Favors in Davis, and we no longer have the front court spacing issues.

Plus I’m not really convinced we’ve lost anything defensively.
Good post and sums up my thoughts that I've been meaning to post.

I think we have been spoiled this last 2 weeks and have yet to really divulge into how good of a signing this was. Barring adding another legit superstar, Bojan is exactly what this team needed on offense. He can take the ball up the court, set guys up within an offense, create his own ****, and shoot at a high level. He offers everything Hayward did plus moxy, more confidence,a and atad of bulldog.

I've been reviewing a few of Bojan's games last year:

1. He was really effective running the pick-n-pop with a stretchy big. It'll be interesting to see how a pick-n-roll with Gobert develops.
2. He makes quick and effective decisions when the defense switches a big onto him. I'm very confident in our ability to close games with Conley-Mitchell-Ingles-Bogdanovic-Gobert.
3. He has a better post game than I realized.... which means he can iso in a few different ways.
4. He does 1-3 without being a ball-stopper.

Good post and sums up my thoughts that I've been meaning to post.

I think we have been spoiled this last 2 weeks and have yet to really divulge into how good of a signing this was. Barring adding another legit superstar, Bojan is exactly what this team needed on offense. He can take the ball up the court, set guys up within an offense, create his own ****, and shoot at a high level. He offers everything Hayward did plus moxy, more confidence,a and atad of bulldog.

He's a lot more aggressive getting his 3 than Jingles, too.

1. He was really effective running the pick-n-pop with a stretchy big. It'll be interesting to see how a pick-n-roll with Gobert develops.
2. He makes quick and effective decisions when the defense switches a big onto him. I'm very confident in our ability to close games with Conley-Mitchell-Ingles-Bogdanovic-Gobert.
3. He has a better post game than I realized.... which means he can iso in a few different ways.
He’ll fill the role Hayward was supposed to for about half the price. That’s a win in my book. Looking back, the Jazz should have gone after him when Hayward left for Boston. They had the space to get him, and he didn’t sign until after that mess.

He’ll fill the role Hayward was supposed to for about half the price. That’s a win in my book. Looking back, the Jazz should have gone after him when Hayward left for Boston. They had the space to get him, and he didn’t sign until after that mess.
And, frrreal, he might be a better player in our revamped system than Hayward would have been. He's more efficient from 3, has a better post-up game, etc.

5. He's a good cutter.