What's new

Jazz sign Darius Bazley to a 3 year NG

Say he loses 15-20 lbs of mostly fat in the offseason… the strength loss is going to be negligible for this sport. This is not an offensive lineman or sumo wrestling situation. Will him moving better make a big difference? No idea. Not saying he needs to or can be Wemby. It might improve what he is good at… Randle, Zion, etc are all guys that perform better when they get lighter and are still able to bully dudes. Not sure if Kevin Love helped his career or helped it but he’s about as close as you could get to a “maybe he got too skinny”. We even saw what having a few extra pounds did to favs… who wasn’t fat.

I doubt there is one team or staff in the league that doesn’t have dropping a few pounds on the top of his to do list if he came in and was part of their program.

Yeah I think Cy is confusing "momentum" with "strength"

Take two sumo wrestlers with equal strength. The fat one wins because you can't move him and because he can move you. Same for offensive linemen.

Wasn't like he was more experienced, developed more skills, had more knowledge of the game. The improvement was all based on his improved (higher) body mass index. I'm convinced.
Also might have had something to do with Phil Jackson and maybe better teammates.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Take two sumo wrestlers with equal strength. The fat one wins because you can't move him and because he can move you. Same for offensive linemen.
You don't seem to know what strength is

Wasn't like he was more experienced, developed more skills, had more knowledge of the game. The improvement was all based on his improved (higher) body mass index. I'm convinced.
You can say the same thing about guys like Jokic when they lost weight then

Please define strength if you think body fat and non-muscle mass does not contribute to your overall ability to express strength.

Any equation for strength is going to have a force component and mass is a part of force. Your overall mass, not just muscle mass, is part of your strength

Somebody's hella triggered lol

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Bazley can run the floor like a dear, that said, I watched a bit of him at OKC, he moves well without the ball it seemed like most of his buckets came from Josh Giddey dimes.