What's new

Jazz sign Hassan Whiteside

My biggest worry is that Q now has the tools to run the same defense all regular season..... and so he will.

In fact, I can’t see how all jazz fans aren’t feeling that same chill.

The principles behind this signing aren’t inherently flawed. They’re fine. It’s all up to Q, though, when it comes to how this plays out in the real world.

I’ll be worried.

I’m glad we have 3 big lumbering centers. That’s really going to come in handy against speedy teams like the Clippers, Suns, and warriors when they go small against us. Just a brilliant move.

Last edited:
Well, I was sure Ed Davis was going to be terrific too. But, for min money the upside is pretty high and the downside is nil.

My biggest worry is that Q now has the tools to run the same defense all regular season..... and so he will.

The principles behind this signing aren’t inherently flawed. They’re fine. It’s all up to Q, though, when it comes to how this plays out in the real world.

I’ll be worried.
We in the same boat. But, **** it.

I think the Jazz did this in preparation for trading Ingles because we need at least one meme on the team. AND the Jazz traded Niang!!!

I’ll be worried.
I am hoping him and JZ are working better together and that because Rudy Gay is a respected vet that we run him at center 5-6 minutes a night to check it out.

I also have hope that if we go big and the other teams go small that Rudy Gay can help us punish them on the glass.

IDK… I don’t think another guy was out there that helps us completely switch it up. I have a hard time being upset about this if I was also pissed last year when we decided Miye was the perimeter stopper we needed… feels like relying on Udoka would be the same type of thing.

Thinking with Whiteside on board if Udoka is part of an upcoming trade?
One that is too good to pass up

Right now, I guess my biggest concern would be at the 1. Should Conley go down for say two months, do we want to have to overwork Don there? Depend on Butler and Forrest? I wouldn’t mind signing someone here for the vet minimum.

Right now, I guess my biggest concern would be at the 1. Should Conley go down for say two months, do we want to have to overwork Don there? Depend on Butler and Forrest? I wouldn’t mind signing someone here for the vet minimum.
This would be additional value in a Frankie Smokes or Exum reunion. In theory. I definitely would not sign them with that intention, though.