What's new

Jazz sign Kenneth Lofton to 3 year NG deal

Love unconventional players like him. Unfortunately from the Oliver Miller/Tractor Traylor school of conditioning.

Give Lofton some burn, he'll put up 15-20 points a night, but may be inexistent on defense.. but maybe some motivation is all the guy needs. It would be nice if we can build him into a legit starting 4 with a cheap 3 year deal.

On April 9, 2023, Lofton scored a career-high 42 points and put up a career-high 14 rebounds in a 115–100 loss to the Oklahoma City Thunder in his first game as a starter. He also became the first player in NBA history to put up at least 40 points and 10 rebounds in a player's first career start, since starts were officially tracked since the 1970–71 season.[
Yep, in a end of season game where neither team played starters or even tried (throw-away game). I think he can provide value by helping Kessler learn to play better defense from their scrimmages/practices as Lofton is good at the rim. Can't shoot or defend, which is why he was available.

He does have a win vs the first selection in the draft this year in international play and he also broke some rebounding records by Paul Millsap at Tech.

It wasn’t until last year that I learned Kenny Lofton, Jr. wasn’t the center fielder’s son.

I was also well enough into Isaiah Thomas’s career that I realized he wasn’t Isiah’s son, because I swear I had read that someone (probably did), just that it was probably somewhere like here).

In one week we signed both of these guys. It definitely means something.

Lofton was a beast in summer league. He looks like a virgin in a whorehouse, but it should make the season ending fum to watch.

I also think the 3 year non-guaranteed deal sounds fantastic. Basically, if you play well - and you have every opportunity to show your **** - then we get a cheap deal for 3 years. If you don't play well, we can cut you next week. Good deal for all parties.