What's new

Jazz Sign Rudy Gay

Good signing
Rudy still has plenty left
He's been playing about 21 minutes per game last 4 or 5 seasons
This gives Quin a lot of options now
Now go get a couple more guys to help

Good get. Still not sure how this improves our perimeter defense, but for the price this looks like a nice signing.
Luckily they had multiple weaknesses last year it will really help to have some size and strength to help Rudy/fill in while he sits

He's chasing that ring
He’s only 34? I’d have guessed much older.
Dude's been in the league forever, but if he can get 10 PPG on decent shooting, that's what matters.

At least gives us some more small-ball defensive looks even though that's not really a strong point for him.

I think Lakers could only offer the vet minimum as they stack their roster with everyone over the age of 35.

And Gay's no spring chicken as he turns 35 later this year, but I do like the middle finger to LAL.

I think Lakers could only offer the vet minimum as they stack their roster with everyone over the age of 35.

And Gay's no spring chicken as he turns 35 later this year, but I do like the middle finger to LAL.
They had the TPMLE. Could be holding out for a real pipedream, but FA is drying up fast. If they were withholding that offer on Gay then they were ****ing around, IMO. Still have no shooters or depth.

The spooky thing there is Jeff Green had plenty left and I honestly don’t know why they waived him (unless Quin was so bad at utilizing him properly that the split just had to happen).
They waived him because he was pouty and refused to do **** for some reason. Then he went elsewhere and killed it. Shot like 40% from 3, rebounded, played solid D. No ****ing clue why he refused to perform while he was here but here he sucked ***.

Dammit! When I saw Rudy Gay's name pop up in my notification, I was like 'please don't let it be Rudy Gay!' He'll be 35 in two weeks...

Jeff definitely had something left when he signed with us. DL just wanted Niang and Rayjon Tucker instead.
He played as if he decided he didn’t want to be here, he was good in the beginning, but as time went on, he was a little bitch, had bad body language and there was no fight in his play or hustle. He had to go.
This is a win-now move. And a pretty ****ing big one. Snaked him from the Lakers.

Let’s ****ing go, y’all.
Was he linked to the Lakers or something?

They waived him because he was pouty and refused to do **** for some reason. Then he went elsewhere and killed it. Shot like 40% from 3, rebounded, played solid D. No ****ing clue why he refused to perform while he was here but here he sucked ***.
Something was up. Wish I knew what it was, but I didn’t think he looked terrible here either. You can look back and see that the clearer culprits were Ed Davis being simply putrid, Mudiay finding his fit in the offense, and Joe trying to lead a bench with nobody to work off of.

In the midst of all of that, Green actually looked like one of our better bench players, and the reality of our catastrophically bad bench play by itself might have been the issue.

Last edited: