What's new

Jazz starters according to Jazz produced Media Notes:

I was one. I suppose it's completely proper to judge the effectiveness after a single preseason game. They are always dispositive.
But after two preseason games, it starts counting, so it's not like there's a lot of time before things matter--and it was easy to predict that Okur + Jefferson = bad defense.

It's OK to give Okur the honorary start in a preseason game, but unless he magically improves, he should be relegated to backup/a frontcourt version of Kyle Korver.

If we take this on a game-to-game basis, the starting lineup should be Harris (or Watson)-Howard (because CJ doesn't deserve it, but I'd even go for Burks)-Hayward-Favors-Jefferson.

But after two preseason games, it starts counting, so it's not like there's a lot of time before things matter--and it was easy to predict that Okur + Jefferson = bad defense.

In a regular season game, I would hope not to see Okur matched against a SF. It is a bad match-up for us. That hardly carries over intomost of the regular season.

However, I agree it is troubling that it was not Jefferson moving around on the wing. If Okur is actually faster than Jefferson, I agree mobility is a serious issue for that combination.

If we take this on a game-to-game basis, the starting lineup should be Harris (or Watson)-Howard (because CJ doesn't deserve it, but I'd even go for Burks)-Hayward-Favors-Jefferson.

If Jefferson is slower than Okur, Okur probably belongs in that line-up instead.

I was one. I suppose it's completely proper to judge the effectiveness after a single preseason game. They are always dispositive.

It was readily obvious that Okur had lost a step on defense BEFORE he blew his achillies.

Okur/Jefferson today is worse than Okur/Boozer circa 2007.

And Okur/Boozer couldn't stop anyone - but at least they had AK to give the occassional help.

Last night "experiment" was clearly a waste of time.