What's new

Jazz Summer League Thread

When Hayward left, I remember Dennis saying the Jazz were going to pivot on defense. I guess he's seen that the development staff can't make great shooters out of just anyone. Although GS seems to be able to do that.

So what's easier...making an adequate defender out of a good shooter, or an adequate shooter out of a great defender?
The latter

Geez, Darnell Edge is a career 90%+ FT shooter and shot 47.7% on 5.5 attempts from 3 last year. He's small though. He lists at 6'2" and 185 lbs. Same size as Seth Curry.

Just watched the northeast conference game with Darnell Edge, against the SEC in the 3x3U tournament - Edge is money on catch and shoot but he didn't want anything to do with creating his own offense. Very quick to give it up. He knows his strength and stuck to it. ended up hitting the game winning 2(3) for his team.

When Hayward left, I remember Dennis saying the Jazz were going to pivot on defense. I guess he's seen that the development staff can't make great shooters out of just anyone. Although GS seems to be able to do that.

So what's easier...making an adequate defender out of a good shooter, or an adequate shooter out of a great defender?
Definitely making an adequate shooter out of a great defender because you can improve your shooting with better mechanics, practice and repetition, but defending is mostly athleticism and timing which you can't really teach or improve with practice. You either have lateral quickness, fast reflexes, and good hands, or you don't.

His jumper looks like CJ McCollums. Doesnt appear to have any athleticism though.

Jazz have a lot of shooting on the perimeter so far in SL.

It does look similar... well he has one nba skill worth a look.

Just watched the northeast conference game with Darnell Edge, against the SEC in the 3x3U tournament - Edge is money on catch and shoot but he didn't want anything to do with creating his own offense. Very quick to give it up. He knows his strength and stuck to it. ended up hitting the game winning 2(3) for his team.

If Ian Clark can stick in the league, this guy might have a chance.

They do 2's and 1's in that thing? Lmao, that's so unfair.

He's doing some work off the dribble here. His issue just appears to be a lack of size and athleticism.

Who has GS made a great shooter?