What's new

Jazz To sign William Howard

I wonder why he didn’t play at all in summer league?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I was excited to watch him too.

He appeared in the injury report for one of the games. Possible he was not healthy... or possible they didn't expect him to play and he couldn't play because of his contract, but they wanted to see him in practice against the other players.

He appeared in the injury report for one of the games. Possible he was not healthy... or possible they didn't expect him to play and he couldn't play because of his contract, but they wanted to see him in practice against the other players.

I could see him getting a TC shot with little to no guarantee; and if he doesn’t make it, Jazz keep his G-League rights with the Stars. They can squat on 4 guys like that, as long as they’re not signed to an NBA or 2-way deal with another team.

I’d rather us go this route with our 12-15 guys. Get guys that are likely good enough to play a small role and have upside to be valuable contributors... rather than just finding re-tread washed vets that have no future value.

Given the buyout was just announced, that would probably be the case.

That would make sense- and I find that encouraging, because it would indicate that they felt they had seen enough good things to pursue him and negotiate something. It would indicate he is likely more than training camp fodder.

Still think a guy like Dragan Bender or Furkan Lorkmaz would be worth taking a flyer on. Sign them to a 3 year minimum deal with partial guarantee in year 1. Let them fight for a roster spot, and if they fail. . . cut bait and just release them. If they can’t make the team, they likely go back to Europe.

He looks like a good athlete, not a lightening athlete. Very active on defense. Pretty quick and long. Can handle bit. Runs the floor really well. He lists 6'8" and 207 lbs. Pretty light.

I doubt the Jazz are buying out his contract and bringing him over just to sign him to a camp deal. He's probably here for the year at least.

He looks like a good athlete, not a lightening athlete. Very active on defense. Pretty quick and long. Can handle bit. Runs the floor really well. He lists 6'8" and 207 lbs. Pretty light.

I doubt the Jazz are buying out his contract and bringing him over just to sign him to a camp deal. He's probably here for the year at least.

Yeah, dude will be a wing guy. Based on the highlights, I don't mind taking a flyer on him. I imagine will be a similar thing we did with Royce.

These are just highlights, obviously, but it looks like he can really shoot. That's clearly the skill the Jazz are looking for. They want a spread floor and shooting everywhere.

Last edited:
I wonder how he’ll rank against our two other Howards who played SF (Stephen, who turns 49 today, and Josh, who KOC refused to parlay into a draft asset).

jazz_011312~0.jpg

B8FJuuDA_400x400.jpg

Bonus: that’s Olden Polynice he’s guarding.

I wonder how he’ll rank against our two other Howards who played SF (Stephen, who turns 49 today, and Josh, who KOC refused to parlay into a draft asset).

jazz_011312~0.jpg

B8FJuuDA_400x400.jpg

Bonus: that’s Olden Polynice he’s guarding.

Stephen Howard showed up to every Jr. Jazz event for like 3 years I swear...It was his main role with the team.

Stephen Howard showed up to every Jr. Jazz event for like 3 years I swear...It was his main role with the team.
The three Jr. Jazz guys I remember as a kid were Corbin, Thurl, and Crotty, which two are some pretty big names for doing Jr. Jazz.

I'm a sucker for a left handed dunker.

Also, looks like he's pretty good at the 3/4 court buzzer beaters (according to the highlights.)