What's new

Jazz trade Devin Harris to Atlanta for Marvin Williams (merged)

Favors Flave

Reported on 1280 Marvin Williams for Devin Harris. Both are expiring and Marvin :cool:gives us a 3. I say hell yea

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, just about to post this up. I wonder if PK is just trolling or if this has some support. I would be up for this, though. Mo/Earl/Tinsley isn't too bad at all.

was it reported as a trade, or reported as a possible trade? the title/OP kind of contradict one another.

was it reported as a trade, or reported as a possible trade? the title/OP kind of contradict one another.

"Possible destination for Devin Harris is Atlanta in return for Marvin Williams, pending health clearance." - PK twitter

That's all I've heard from PK on his Twitter. He gave no other details. I mean, the way he said it made it sound like it's going to happen, but who the heck knows with that whack job.

I do believe it could be happening. I know that Atlanta is being very active trade-wise. I'm not that excited but like the move.

Here is part of what Hollinger says about him on ESPN Insider, I cut out about half because I don't remember the rules about posting insider stuff. (https://insider.espn.go.com/nba/player/hollinger/_/id/2797/marvin-williams)

+ Passive combo forward with good midrange shot. Excellent finisher in transition.

+ Long-armed wing defender who needs to add strength. Can play 4 in a pinch.

+ Decent lateral movement; solid defender who often guards opponent's best wing.

Williams is a perfectly decent small forward, which would be totally fine if he hadn't been the second overall pick... His lack of improvement over the past three seasons has been particularly deflating; despite a sign here and a flash there, his production hasn't budged an inch.

The best thing going for Williams is his midrange jumper.... However, he's been unable to extend his range to the 3-point line, which would make a huge difference for him in efficiency. Defensively... Williams is a good, solid 3 with outstanding length and reasonable mobility, but he's not a guy who eats nails for breakfast.

Basically, this is what he is. He's 25 and he hasn't progressed in three years. He'll have a nice career as a sometime starter at the 3, but I think we can stop projecting beyond that.

yeah i'm not wild about marvin either, nor am i totally intent on trading harris. but i suppose if they did that, i could understand why. the PO doesn't help the case, though.

Williams has an ETO and not a PO. Same difference, really, though. He has to actively opt out instead of actively opt in.

I'm confused as to whether they were just shootin' the **** on the radio, or if there were some actual rumblings that this could go down. Anyone want to clarify?

The PO should not affect us at all. We are not going to be able to use the 40 million quick enough. who are we getting? If he can drop 13-15 points per game from the 3, solves a huge problem. I also think our offense is better suited for Marvins game.

I also think our offense is better suited for Marvins game.

This is possible.
I don't know how anything gets done in terms of "team offense" when you have JSmith and JJohnson jacking up everything.

It's 7.5 mil, which isn't bad, really.

He may opt out of it anyway.

I don't think I'd hate the trade if it happened.