What's new

Jazz trade Devin Harris to Atlanta for Marvin Williams (merged)

I like this trade. If KOC can get rid of Jefferson for anything decent then he deserves to be Executive of the Year.

Respectfully disagree on the Meh.

Marvin gives the jazz an outside threat, can play the 3 or 4, and can rebound. I love the move.

Hayward can start at sf with Burks at sg, Marvin comes in for either of them. Hayward can move to the sg. Roster flexibility.

Kudos to KOC. I'm eating crow again.

One more thought. This is perfect for the core. The Jazz will shed Howard, Miles and Bell. Those three killed the development of Hayward and especially Burks.

I am even more excited for next season.

Looks like Marvin's never been a great 3-point shooter his career, but last year his % jumped way up. He shot 43% from deep in the 37 games he started.

One of the two.
This is an exceptional trade. We needed a pure, tall, SF. That was the biggest weakness besides Al on our team.

Such an astonishing lack of perspective. Jefferson was, at worst, the second-best player on a playoff team last year. The idea that he's somehow its biggest weakness is absurd.

One more thought. This is perfect for the core. The Jazz will shed Howard, Miles and Bell. Those three killed the development of Hayward and especially Burks.

I am even more excited for next season.

Don't get your hopes up yet. When was Howard signed last year? There's still plenty of time to bring in a savvy vet or two to consume all the minutes.

What's also great about this is that Marvin Williams is kinda garbage and will likely play himself out of rotation by January.

Wow can this off-season get any worse??? First they blow the trade exception on a undersized 2 that they hope can play PG. Now they trade Harris (our best PG) for this bust? Wow great one KOC. There better be something else brewing for a PG. Watson/Tinsley/Mo Williams is not going to get it done.

I recorded the 2006 Rocky Mountain Revue when Deron Williams and Marvin Williams both played in it as sophomores in the NBA. I remember wishing the Jazz had somehow picked M. Williams over Deron even though that wasn't possible because if any of you remember M. Williams tore up that league by himself and earing MVP award for the league. I really miss the Rocky Mountain Revue and I am very excited for what KOC has done by getting Mo and Marvin Williams, he has done a great job.

Williams is a solid defender and has a good mid range jump shot. He is set to make $7.5 million next season and $8.2 the next, with the following year being a player option. At first glance I like the move. However, this may be the fact that we needed to free up some space. I think I like it.

Williams is a solid defender and has a good mid range jump shot. He is set to make $7.5 million next season and $8.2 the next, with the following year being a player option. At first glance I like the move. However, this may be the fact that we needed to free up some space. I think I like it.

I thought he was only guaranteed 1 more year with the next a player option?

Such an astonishing lack of perspective. Jefferson was, at worst, the second-best player on a playoff team last year. The idea that he's somehow its biggest weakness is absurd.

Let me rephrase.

Biggest defensive liability.

Biggest weakness: Bell starting.

Bluesy, arent you happy that KOC is coming through for us?? :p

Ya, so far so good. He is lucky though that he is able to pick up this stuff for so cheap.

It makes us better for sure, but we should cool our enthusiasm a little. His toughest decisions still lay before him. Ill give him a grade when he decides what to do with our front court. I still cringe at the idea we might be seeing a benched Favors ,a limited Kanter, and no Jeremy Evans. We will still have all sorts of issues with Al and his style. I cant watch another season of that.

How about this...

Now that Dwight to the Nets seems less likely. Lets send Al,Paul, and picks for Dwight. He might see the future here once he gets here.

I recorded the 2006 Rocky Mountain Revue when Deron Williams and Marvin Williams both played in it as sophomores in the NBA. I remember wishing the Jazz had somehow picked M. Williams over Deron even though that wasn't possible because if any of you remember M. Williams tore up that league by himself and earing MVP award for the league. I really miss the Rocky Mountain Revue and I am very excited for what KOC has done by getting Mo and Marvin Williams, he has done a great job.

Didnt Marvin Williams get in a fight with one of our dudes in the RMR? Or am I remembering something else?

Wow can this off-season get any worse??? First they blow the trade exception on a undersized 2 that they hope can play PG. Now they trade Harris (our best PG) for this bust? Wow great one KOC. There better be something else brewing for a PG. Watson/Tinsley/Mo Williams is not going to get it done.

Because what we had was working?