What's new

Jazz trade for John Collins

Even Woj says it gives the Jazz the ability to compete in the west…. Wait, we all know more than the experts…
Wait... are you pimpin Sarah Todd a Jazz beat writer and Woj as the experts analyzing this? Woj is an agent mouthpiece my friend and Todd is well... she's not the most insightful expert.

Time will tell... I'm fine with the deal... but this is like using the infomercial for a product and saying "see these guys say this product is awesome!!!"

One note... the trade includes the 2026 second round pick we own according to Tony Jones. Now its not nothing... but its only half of a second... its the potentially good half. We own the memphis second round pick if it falls between 31-42... if not we (they) get nothing.

So great news for @infection we still have the 2029 and 2030 second round picks.... for now... those picks are not unpacking their bags and they are definitely opting to rent and not buy... but... for now... we have them.

Fully guaranteed or with player option
Well first he would have thrown a couple seconds out the window. He couldn't do anything without burning some 2nd rounders. He had to burn 3 2nd rounders to get it up to get his wife pregnant.

One note... the trade includes the 2026 second round pick we own according to Tony Jones. Now its not nothing... but its only half of a second... its the potentially good half. We own the memphis second round pick if it falls between 31-42... if not we (they) get nothing.

So great news for @infection we still have the 2029 and 2030 second round picks.... for now... those picks are not unpacking their bags and they are definitely opting to rent and not buy... but... for now... we have them.
And again... not nothing... but you know Atlanta was like... please just send us part of this pick so we can say we got something for this guy other than our owner saving money.

While understanding this trade comes with risks, I really like it. Collins had a down year, but he is still a very promising talent. Worries about his fingers aside, he shot fairly well the second half of the season. And he can do more things than shoot. He's a good defender, he rebounds, he's quite big and atheltic. Man, if he pans out, this is a huge get for the Jazz, and one that cost them next to nothing. If not, well, it would be a shame, but there will be fewer years left on his contract, and I doubt the Jazz would have trouble moving him for at least what they gave up for him.

Sounds great!. My wife and I have been thinking about an early retirement (still 15 years away) in the mountains. Probably somewhere remote in the Peruvian Andes. A big farm with all kind of rescued animals.

Life in the city (Mexico City now but probably moving to US or Europe next year) is getting a little tiring.
dude.... life in LA has ground me down into a fine powdery mildew. Can't get outta here as fast as I want to. The place we're trying to move is pretty awesome. Tons of space, but still really close to lots of things. By "close" I mean by city standards. Like, right now it takes us 30 minutes to get anywhere, and we sit it ******, traffic-clogged streets to get it done. Where we're going is 30 minutes to anywhere, too, but they're beautiful empty country roads. There's so much to dig about Western Mass.

I've spent some time in the Peruvian Andes. Lots to like about those areas, too.

Wait... are you pimpin Sarah Todd a Jazz beat writer and Woj as the experts analyzing this? Woj is an agent mouthpiece my friend and Todd is well... she's not the most insightful expert.

Time will tell... I'm fine with the deal... but this is like using the infomercial for a product and saying "see these guys say this product is awesome!!!"
Ok, here you go…. But again, what do I know…

View: https://twitter.com/sarah_k_spence/status/1673403151389434030?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

View: https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/1673390080981868560?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Ok, here you go…. But again, what do I know…

View: https://twitter.com/sarah_k_spence/status/1673403151389434030?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

View: https://twitter.com/TimBontemps/status/1673390080981868560?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

those are much better.

Was not saying you were wrong... just saying those aren't the sources to look to for analysis.

We made a bet... I thought we could have done better... but I think his market was a bit higher than me and some other internet basketball nerds thought. I didn't think it was egregious... but it is/was a risk.

those are much better.

Was not saying you were wrong... just saying those aren't the sources to look to for analysis.

We made a bet... I thought we could have done better... but I think his market was a bit higher than me and some other internet basketball nerds thought. I didn't think it was egregious... but it is/was a risk.
I agree it’s a risk, but a minor one imo… especially knowing what the 2nd RP is…

I agree it’s a risk, but a minor one imo… especially knowing what the 2nd RP is…
The contract is the risk to me... but I get it... if he was making 10M a year then he doesn't get moved for Gay and a second.