What's new

Jazz trade for John Collins

Hawks fans are saying his finger is permanently ****ed up and looks gnarly. Because of that he can’t really shoot anymore.
Well he should sit the season working on that until it is fixed. **** out of here with any notion that you can just shrug off a disfigured finger on the shooting hand of a shaky shooter.

Yeah I need something back for this deal. I don't love having a long term contract over top of Hendricks. If we flip him at the deadline or move KO separately for something then okay... just think we gave Atlanta a get out of jail free card.

We must really like him and I don’t really blame the FO for liking him. He’s really good. He had a down year last year.

I was leading the hype train for JC all of last year but its obviously different now that we drafted Hendricks at #9. I still like it though, but less now than last season.

I still think JC will blossom in our system (change of scenery alone should boost him) and we will raise his trade value by a lot and we dont need to put too much on Tays plate.

Value trade that greatly improves the quality of our FC depth. Now we are truely one big trade away from being relevant.

Kuzma should be off the table now though.

Utah native John Collins. How do I know? Boler mentioned it everytime we played them. Don't know how to feel about this yet. But at least we didnt use a future 1st.

Well he should sit the season working on that until it is fixed. **** out of here with any notion that you can just shrug off a disfigured finger on the shooting hand of a shaky shooter.
Posted this just earlier today, but there are some signs his shooting is coming around. He shot 44% from 3 his last 12 games of the season and 34% from 3 in the playoffs.

Still a lot of risk there though, so I'm not sure how we weren't compensated for taking that risk on.

I promise Hendricks is better right now than Collins.
As the leader of the Tay Henny fan club... if that is really the case then Hendricks is like ROY good. Rookies, even when really good, need time.

I don't love the trade though... said if it came with the Kings pick I was in... it appears it did not.

Awesome! We got off Rudy Gay and all it cost us to get Collins is a second round pick. I would look for Collins to have a big bounce back after a down year last season. Should be a great fit next to Lauri and Kessler, and Hardy will use him correctly and bring out the best in him. I wouldn't be shocked to see him get back to 20 points a game next season and get his 3 point percentage back above 35%..