What's new

Jazz trade for John Collins

The whining is kind of annoying not going to lie.
I'm not gonna whine super hard. I don't love it unless we get the Kings pick or maybe we move KO for something now?

Saves us from 4/100 on Kuzma or Zinger I guess lol.

Awesome! We got off Rudy Gay and all it cost us to get Collins is a second round pick. I would look for Collins to have a big bounce back after a down year last season. Should be a great fit next to Lauri and Kessler, and Hardy will use him correctly and bring out the best in him. I wouldn't be shocked to see him get back to 20 points a game next season and get his 3 point percentage back above 35%..

100% agree. People will love this deal by the middle of next season.

I'm not gonna whine super hard. I don't love it unless we get the Kings pick or maybe we move KO for something now?

Saves us from 4/100 on Kuzma or Zinger I guess lol.
It’s not you it’s the "rebuild is over" and "Ainge sucks" takes that do it for me.

I thought we’d get a pick too but the premise behind the deal remains the same.

I honestly would give a pick to never watch Gay play for us again so there is that.

Not a fan of this move even before seeing that picture of the finger.
Dat finger doe. Holy ****.

I trust Ainge knows what he is doing but I don't like it

Yeah, picking up the $78 million tab on a malcontent that can't shoot and plays the same position(s) as where most of our talent is is flaming orange dog ****.
I will say this Hawks fans and media are very pro-Collins... they like him a lot. So I wouldn't say malcontent is part of his brand. I think he hates Trae and people close to the situation are like - We get it... we hate him too.

I def expected some draft stuff with this type of deal but I guess Ainge/Hardy think they can make chicken salad? Gotta see the whole offseason before I go too crazy.

This entirely hinges on his right ring finger. That's a lot riding on a dude's freakishly ****ed finger on his shooting hand.

I do think this means we might have other plans for KO but not sure. I would bring him back to be a backup big still.

Awesome! We got off Rudy Gay and all it cost us to get Collins is a second round pick. I would look for Collins to have a big bounce back after a down year last season. Should be a great fit next to Lauri and Kessler, and Hardy will use him correctly and bring out the best in him. I wouldn't be shocked to see him get back to 20 points a game next season and get his 3 point percentage back above 35%..

John Collins again credits Atlanta Hawks assistant GM Kyle Korver​

Collins closed the regular season on a high note, going 8-for-19 from beyond the arc over the final four games (53.6%) and shooting 40% from deep over his last 16 appearances. He shot 24.9% in the 55 games before that.

He once again credited Hawks assistant general manager Kyle Korver for the late-season turnaround.

Clearly we are all still gassed up by the picks we got out of Rudy and Don. Guess it can't always be that way
Then just don't do the trade. Yeah, he could be rehabbed for value, he could just also be who he was on the whole last season and become a miserable millstone to carry.