What's new

Jazz trade for John Collins

Very interesting.

Not sure I like it, but Utah is going for huge lineups. We matchup amazingly against Denver. Also we are looking to gameplan for Wemby in the future
I’m looking at it simply as the Jazz looking to upgrade Rudy Gay’s minutes this year and maybe rehab John Collins value for a trade later. Not necessarily a move for this year, but a set-up move for down the road.

Really? Basically got him for free while getting rid of Gay at the same time.
Yeah I need something back for this deal. I don't love having a long term contract over top of Hendricks. If we flip him at the deadline or move KO separately for something then okay... just think we gave Atlanta a get out of jail free card.

Wow! Didn’t see that coming.

Hawks duck the tax.

Jazz add another young big man to their front court - who will likely get flipped in another trade down the road.

And they move off of Rudy Gay’s final year - all for just a future 2nd round pick.
We shouldn't be sending anything in positive value to eat that money. ****ing unbelievable.

We didn't get him for free. We got him for $25 million a year for three years. He's neutral to negative in value.

That's also the salary slot for Reaves.
Reaves ain’t happening. You’d have to move real assets to get him now, and even if you did. . . there’s a good chance the Lakers just decide to keep him and match any offer sheet he gets.