What's new

Jazz vs Clippers: Round 2

Apparently Gobert was a boxer before he was a ball player, so i would love for someone to try and get physical with him

Exum's pullup still looks very robotic to me. Also release was on his way down. Not sure he can sustain good %s without putting up major reps and altering it next year.

The Catch and Shoot was very sound. Kept balance,nice hop step technique.

A bit of a heartbreaking loss, if there's such a thing in the pre-season, but hell, a great game nonetheless.

The Jazz played what amounted to a regular season game in terms of pace and players, on the road, and fought till the end. I'm still damn excited for this team this year.

Booker may be my favorite player on the team. Damn this team needed a player like him who won't take crap from anyone. This team has been missing toughness forever. I hope they pick up his option and keep him here for a few years at least.

On another note, the Clippers are one of the most unlikeable teams in the league. They cry like pusses all the time about every foul call. Their announcers are terrible too.

I really want Kanter to make it--and it will set the team back if he doesn't, which seems to be the likely scenario. Kanter is the reason I'm still not bullish on the Jazz wildly overachieving this year (I think they'll decently overachieve, but not like the Suns did). This team is asking Kanter to do a lot of things he just doesn't seem to be capable of. Right now, I think Booker and Gobert--even despite his offensive ineptitude and spacing issues--are better than him, and will demand a lot of his minutes. That's a problem--for Kanter and Snyder's offense.

This team is just showing itself to be more enjoyable overall. You really can't ask for more. It feels like we are on the right track now. We have a direction, a good young core, a better coaching staff, and hope. Maybe not title hope, but this team could become a very solid team in the west if things continue on this path. Hood and Gobert were absolute steals. Favors and Hayward look like they are ready to lead, and Burke is playing like the stud I knew he'd be.

A bit of a heartbreaking loss, if there's such a thing in the pre-season, but hell, a great game nonetheless.

The Jazz played what amounted to a regular season game in terms of pace and players, on the road, and fought till the end. I'm still damn excited for this team this year.

Booker may be my favorite player on the team. Damn this team needed a player like him who won't take crap from anyone. This team has been missing toughness forever. I hope they pick up his option and keep him here for a few years at least.

On another note, the Clippers are one of the most unlikeable teams in the league. They cry like pusses all the time about every foul call. Their announcers are terrible too.

BINNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I really want Kanter to make it--and it will set the team back if he doesn't, which seems to be the likely scenario. Kanter is the reason I'm still not bullish on the Jazz wildly overachieving this year (I think they'll decently overachieve, but not like the Suns did). This team is asking Kanter to do a lot of things he just doesn't seem to be capable of. Right now, I think Booker and Gobert--even despite his offensive ineptitude and spacing issues--are better than him, and will demand a lot of his minutes. That's a problem--for Kanter and Snyder's offense.

Good thoughts, I would also like to point out it was a blown defensive rotation at the start of the 4th quarter that got Enes benched. I'm curious to see how he responds. What is his makeup between his ears?

Watching this team makes me wonder wtf Corbin was thinking last year? I should just move on.
I should probably move on, too. And I don't want to just mindlessly bash Corbin, but...

The guy seemed to completely lack creativity and ability to communicate his vision to the players in a way that they bought into. Yet his own comments baffle me the most. He said that he was basically set up for failure. I completely disagree. He was given a free pass and a blank check. He had no clue what to do with that. He wanted to eek out wins by following the standard playbook when that's not at all what he was asked to do.

He seemed like a guy who wanted a career as an NBA head coach much more than he wanted to be an NBA head coach.

In essence he was playing with scared money and didn't even realize he was actually playing with house money.

Here is a quote from Bleak Griffin, I think I typed it right, you can check the original here.

After the game, Griffin was asked if it was difficult to keep things from escalating. Standing behind Chris Paul, and wiping tears from his eyes Griffin stammered, “I was going to (take things further), and I thought, ‘It’s preseason. It’s not worth it. That’s not the person I’m going to waste it on."

Here is a quote from Bleak Griffin, I think I typed it right, you can check the original here.

After the game, Griffin was asked if it was difficult to keep things from escalating. Standing behind Chris Paul, and wiping tears from his eyes Griffin stammered, “I was going to (take things further), and I thought, ‘It’s preseason. It’s not worth it. That’s not the person I’m going to waste it on."

I honestly wondered if that was like an Onion article for a minute. Griffin is dumb.

Griffin's like Garnett - lots of posturing and trash talk but will probably go his entire career without getting in an actual fight. Malone once said he'd pay his fine if he actual threw down with someone.

I will say Griffin gets hacked probably as much as any player in the league - should probably learn to make his free throws.

I only watched the first half but it looks like Burke had a great second half. What did he do? In the first half, he could not come close to staying in front of CP3. And I am not sure we want him taking the second most shots with only 6 assists. Did he play hero ball?

I know it's only pre-season, but I love how this roster is willing to fight. If they keep that, they will be better than any "expert" thought they would be.

This is going to be a fun season.

Blake's a wuss. It was just a hard foul and Booker tried to keep him from falling after the foul. Booker would kick his ***.

Dante
OrganicClutteredBaleenwhale.gif

Also note that Exum is going left here which is largely considered his biggest weakness. It certainly took the Clippers by surprise. . .

Also note that Exum is going left here which is largely considered his biggest weakness. It certainly took the Clippers by surprise. . .

I think that took everyone by surprise.

I'm sure everyone has said this multiple times but I just finished watching the game and I love that we got to see how our team did against a GOOD team that is playing like it normally would in the regular season. Doc went all out to win that game and we were going blow for blow with them.