What's new

Jazz vs Fakers, 8:30 PM MST 1-25-11 NBA TV

I did read the transcript of the interview and watched the interview of the Deron itself, too. I did not get the same impression as many of fans here got. Deron attributes the downfall of the team to the theory that this new group does not fit well in the Jazz system. He thinks it starts from the player selection.

One thing I know for sure is Deron has a tremendous respect and trust in Jerry's offensive schemes. The Jazz, over the years, have always been an elite offensive team thanks to the system and ,of course, the players they have. Deron, numerous times, pointed out the fact that the Jazz play much better and more efficient when they RUN and the ball is DIRECTED FROM SIDE TO SIDE. BigAl, Raja and CJ are the major causes of the lack of offensive tempo and passing, off-ball movement, which are some of the essential qualities, parts of Jazz offense. Deron might be right saying that Wesley and Kyle was better suited to be a part of this kind of an offensive system. We do not know for sure because I'm suspicious about the effort of Raja and other newcomers have put into to get involved and better in the system and execute what they are told to do. You can see Jerry not pleased with the way the team apply what is drawn or schemed.

THe offense was expected to get fluent and efficient as the season grows but neither it has come true nor the defensive success of the Jazz during 1st month of the season has been sustained. The result is a .500 team. The problems ,then, were exactly the same with the problems we can see now. Actually, the Jazz has gotten worse and worse on defensive end. I do not think Deron attributes .500 record after 15-5 to Jerry or coaching staff or KOC for not making trades. It's all about the way most of the players responded to an unexpected 15-5 start which included some phenomenal wins against elite teams on the road. The Jazz are not improving on offensive end and playing terrible on defensive end. That has nothing to do with the offensive schemes or system. This Jazz team can play much better defensively than the old Jazz squads and can get much better on the offensive end, which we are yet to see.

Lakers won most of the recent games they played but they are not playing well, as well as they are supposed to. I do not think they will slip in the standings, which means the Jazz should better get 4th seed instead of 3rd seed. Actually, it does not matter much because the Jazz will have to match against either Spurs or Lakers, both of whom have been the obstacles for the team to reach Finals. I want to see the Jazz trying to share the ball, trying to do what the system tell them to do, and playing the kind of defense they played during the 15-5 stretch. Not a must-win game but they should come up with some positives, should not raise some question marks about the effort after the game.

Jeremiah Jensen: Interesting RT @DJJazzyJody: CJ Miles will start at small forward tonight. (Jan 25, 2011 11:54 AM)

I would rather see CJ start instead of Gordon, because handling Artest would be an even tougher job for the rookie. Artest is already a problem for us. I hope he will be content with outside Js and will not force it to inside.

Why even play the games if everyone is sure they will be losses?

Oh cause it's basketball and anyone could still win any given night.

Sheesh ppl.

I did read the transcript of the interview and watched the interview of the Deron itself, too. I did not get the same impression as many of fans here got. Deron attributes the downfall of the team to the theory that this new group does not fit well in the Jazz system. He thinks it starts from the player selection.

One thing I know for sure is Deron has a tremendous respect and trust in Jerry's offensive schemes. The Jazz, over the years, have always been an elite offensive team thanks to the system and ,of course, the players they have. Deron, numerous times, pointed out the fact that the Jazz play much better and more efficient when they RUN and the ball is DIRECTED FROM SIDE TO SIDE. BigAl, Raja and CJ are the major causes of the lack of offensive tempo and passing, off-ball movement, which are some of the essential qualities, parts of Jazz offense. Deron might be right saying that Wesley and Kyle was better suited to be a part of this kind of an offensive system. We do not know for sure because I'm suspicious about the effort of Raja and other newcomers have put into to get involved and better in the system and execute what they are told to do. You can see Jerry not pleased with the way the team apply what is drawn or schemed.

THe offense was expected to get fluent and efficient as the season grows but neither it has come true nor the defensive success of the Jazz during 1st month of the season has been sustained. The result is a .500 team. The problems ,then, were exactly the same with the problems we can see now. Actually, the Jazz has gotten worse and worse on defensive end. I do not think Deron attributes .500 record after 15-5 to Jerry or coaching staff or KOC for not making trades. It's all about the way most of the players responded to an unexpected 15-5 start which included some phenomenal wins against elite teams on the road. The Jazz are not improving on offensive end and playing terrible on defensive end. That has nothing to do with the offensive schemes or system. This Jazz team can play much better defensively than the old Jazz squads and can get much better on the offensive end, which we are yet to see.

Lakers won most of the recent games they played but they are not playing well, as well as they are supposed to. I do not think they will slip in the standings, which means the Jazz should better get 4th seed instead of 3rd seed. Actually, it does not matter much because the Jazz will have to match against either Spurs or Lakers, both of whom have been the obstacles for the team to reach Finals. I want to see the Jazz trying to share the ball, trying to do what the system tell them to do, and playing the kind of defense they played during the 15-5 stretch. Not a must-win game but they should come up with some positives, should not raise some question marks about the effort after the game.
I know we all love DWill, but don't you think calling him "The Deron" is a little extreme.

CJ blows his chance, Deron shoots more airballs, AK misses more layups, Harpring says something stupid, Jazzfanz goes down for at least an hour after the game.

This is the word of McFly.

"Can we all agree now that Carlos Boozer was not the problem? Actually, the Jazz miss Wesley Matthews and Kyle Korver more than Boozer. But the way their offense continually bogs down as Jefferson dribbles, backs in, dribbles some more and backs in a little more as the shot clock ticks away should make anyone appreciate how much more crisp and efficient the offense looked in the past."

I agree with that.

At this point I believe most people would agree that he wasn't "the problem", rather that he wasn't the championship solution.

This place has been depressing lately. All the Vinyl Jr.'s come running out of the wood works after a mid-season lag. Get a grip. It's time for a Jump To Conclusions and Jazzfanz-O-Meter thread bump.

images

_ _ _ _ / _ _ _ _

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFLdIGNUKuw

This place has been depressing lately. All the Vinyl Jr.'s come running out of the wood works after a mid-season lag. Get a grip. It's time for a Jump To Conclusions and Jazzfanz-O-Meter thread bump.

Yay! I made it into one of Frankies posts!

Why does it sound like someone is chopping up coke on a mirror in the end of this?

I think that's just your subconcious having issues with the whole going clean thing.

Your brain thinks it sees coke everywhere because it's in serious withdrawl atm. You need the help. Find it.

Yay! I made it into one of Frankies posts!

It's this whole diversity inclusion class I've got going on. I've neglected you too much lately. Besides, I wasn't in the mood to ordain a new captain of the Lose-Bash bandwagon. Don't you want to be cheer captain Viny?

I think that's just your subconcious having issues with the whole going clean thing.

Your brain thinks it sees coke everywhere because it's in serious withdrawl atm. You need the help. Find it.

Clean? Slaughter.

It's always hard for me believe the Jazz will beat the Lakers on any given night. I miss the late 90's when that was almost never out of the question.

In closing, it ends in a tie! Impossible? Neh.