What's new

Jazz vs Grizzlies starting in 20 min..

I couldn't of said it any better myself. Except he plays hog ball as a pg
I don’t think this is right. Donovan just struggles making the right plays at times at PG and ends up having to make a quick decision because the shot clocks running down. He’s not being a “ball hog” but running point is a difficult position especially when you’re the only one who can ball handle period when Rubio and Exum are out. Donovan does his best but he already has a ton of offensive load on his shoulders and asking him to play point is just too much right now.

I don’t think this is right. Donovan just struggles making the right plays at times at PG and ends up having to make a quick decision because the shot clocks running down. He’s not being a “ball hog” but running point is a difficult position especially when you’re the only one who can ball handle period when Rubio and Exum are out. Donovan does his best but he already has a ton of offensive load on his shoulders and asking him to play point is just too much right now.
Just let ingles run the pg. He's alot better at running the point than Donovan. Donovan is a scorer

Yep, it seems a lot better from an eye test because the Jazz aren't forced to trot out awful 3pt shooters at PG like they usually do with Rubio/Exum, but the team offense in general suffers while Mitchell individually benefits from the extra spacing. Interestingly enough though, since January 1 (when Mitchell really started playing like a borderline all star again) Mitchell's TS% only increases by 1.1% with Rubio off the floor vs when Rubio is on (55.0 vs 53.9).

It's his usage which spikes the most (~7% increase), and Mitchell taking Rubio's shots combined with the ever so slight increase in efficiency is why people seem to think Mitchell at PG is the future right now when in reality the future is Mitchell at either guard spot with a backcourt partner who can space the floor for him, control primary playmaking duties, and have the size to take the bigger defensive guard assignments. When Rubio was on his hot streak towards the end of last season we got a glimpse of a PG who can do all three of those and that's the most dangerous the team has looked since Mitchell was drafted.

Basketball is a team game, in Q4 almost every point is by Mitchell, that is not the way to be top team. Jazz needs wins, not MVP like Westbrook.

just when you think we are turning a corner.

I hope DL can add another piece this summer so we have a real chance next year.

A guy like Conley would be nice to have on the Jazz. Then again, the Jazz would be void of Exum's solid contribution from sitting on the bench.

Last edited:
Basketball is a team game, in Q4 almost every point is by Mitchell, that is not the way to be top team. Jazz needs wins, not MVP like Westbrook.

Yes that’s why the ball is not in Hardens hand in the 4th, or Lebrons, or Kyries. You should never put the ball in your best players hands at the end of a game........I hope you realize how dumb that sounds.

Yes that’s why the ball is not in Hardens hand in the 4th, or Lebrons, or Kyries. You should never put the ball in your best players hands at the end of a game........I hope you realize how dumb that sounds.
When just one player scores for 12 min, there is something wrong in team work, these guys make a lot of money not just for attendаnce on the court.

Jazz should be scared if Mitchell continues his hog ball style. It reminded so much of Westbrook.

We didn't wanna throw in Exum...
And I agreed with that decision, which shows my opinion is crap. We've lost 4(?) games due to poor guard play since the trade deadline.

We have a ded man on our roster that we should have buried a month ago.

When just one player scores for 12 min, there is something wrong in team work, these guys make a lot of money not just for attendаnce on the court.
Yes but you can’t put that solely on the only dude who tries to actually score. I think once you hit about 5 minutes in the 4th it’s Donovans game. You ride or die with your best player, like every other team. Sure the rest of the team needs to be involved, but it’s also Donovan’s game to close it out. You always turn the game over to your star. Stars win in the NBA, and that’s not really debatable.

A guy like Conley would be nice to have on the Jazz. Then again, the Jazz would be void of Exum's solid contribution from sitting on the bench.
This **** has gotten so old. A trade DID NOT HAPPEN. Move on. This is the roster the rest of the way, no changing it.