What's new

Jazz vs. Mavs in round one

Realistically, I think Luka misses at least Games 1 & 2. He tries to come back for Game 3, but isn't 100%. Jazz take a 3-1 series lead.

From there, it's Choose Your Own Ending.

I had hoped we'd get an update... I doubt they release any good info right now... let the Jazz prep multiple game plans.

Expected.

They want the Jazz to have to prepare two separate gameplans.

A calf strain with no timetable to return would suggest that it's extremely unlikely that Luka would be able to go in Games 1 and 2. Jazz should prepare for him, sure, as he might come back during the series.

But unless/until he's cleared for on-court activity and practicing with the team, the Jazz can assume he's out.

A calf strain with no timetable to return would suggest that it's extremely unlikely that Luka would be able to go in Games 1 and 2. Jazz should prepare for him, sure, as he might come back during the series.
I mean, even if they thought he could play Game 1, they wouldn't reveal that.

Call me crazy but after all the bull **** this season I could see the Jazz losing the series and Luka not even playing. Either the Jazz are the easiest team in the world to scheme against when it counts or they are such dog **** upstairs that they wouldn't beat anyone in the playoffs.

Sorry.

Call me crazy but after all the bull **** this season I could see the Jazz losing the series and Luka not even playing. Either the Jazz are the easiest team in the world to scheme against when it counts or they are such dog **** upstairs that they wouldn't beat anyone in the playoffs.

Sorry.

No they won't. If Luka doesn't play, the Jazz will win in 4 or 5 games.

Sorry.
If Luka is out the whole series and we are somewhat healthy we win in 5... outside chance it goes 6 if one team has a super hot or super cold game.

I've been reading what some docs have been saying and I'm a little dubious he comes back before game 3. I think it is key that if he does not play in games 1 and 2 that we win both games. If they split those games they can probably wait until game 4 to bring him back and give themselves a good chance. There was a guy saying even grade 1 the optimal recovery time is 13-14 days and coming back before that you are at a high risk of reinjury. I'd love to see the series schedule to see if they snuck and extra day in between games 1 and 2 or 3 and 4.

If Luka is out the whole series and we are somewhat healthy we win in 5... outside chance it goes 6 if one team has a super hot or super cold game.

I've been reading what some docs have been saying and I'm a little dubious he comes back before game 3. I think it is key that if he does not play in games 1 and 2 that we win both games. If they split those games they can probably wait until game 4 to bring him back and give themselves a good chance. There was a guy saying even grade 1 the optimal recovery time is 13-14 days and coming back before that you are at a high risk of reinjury. I'd love to see the series schedule to see if they snuck and extra day in between games 1 and 2 or 3 and 4.
I do not see the Mavs winning a single game without Luka.

I love Brunson, he is very good, but they will be lucky to score over 105 points in a single game without Luka.

I do not see the Mavs winning a single game without Luka.

I love Brunson, he is very good, but they will be lucky to score over 105 points in a single game without Luka.
I guess... I have seen us lose to teams we shouldn't this year. Its really a hedge if Dinwiddie had a bonkers night or we had one of those shooting nights where we can't throw it in the ocean... there is also going to be the game where Rudy gets in foul trouble due to some janky officiating.

For what its worth on twitter some of the mavs fans seem to think they could beat us in 7 without Luka... which is them drinking some serious kool aid... but still.

Sorry.

Hi crazy

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

There's really no rhyme or reason to this Jazz team. They dominate all teams, even the best teams, better than everyone else. But as we all know, they blow leads better than everyone else. Doesn't matter if that's a good team or a bad team. It's hard to even think about how this series will play out because there is no logic to how the Jazz play. I just expect them to humiliate themselves as they have two years in a row. It's not even a "hope for the best expect the worst" situation. It's "expecting the worst, please don't humiliate yourselves that badly" type of feeling.

Mavs x factor is probably Klieber. He's not shooting well this year, but I'm sure Mavs will try to get him matched up with Gobert at some point to stretch the floor.

Season show :
- That we can beat anyone
- That we can blow lead and loose to anyone
- That at crunch time Don was a 25% shooter and forget he got teammate....

Based on those consideration, anything can happen. If We play as a team, using Rudy the right way, Don beeing focus on shoot and lay-up, we have a chance.