What's new

Jazz vs. Mavs in round one

I do not see the Mavs winning a single game without Luka.

I love Brunson, he is very good, but they will be lucky to score over 105 points in a single game without Luka.

Agreed. I just don't see how the Mavs could possibly score enough points without Luka to beat us.

Game 1 is on Saturday.
Game 2 will be on the following Monday or Tuesday.
Game 3 will be on the following Thursday or Friday.

If the Jazz can go up 3-0 in the series within the next 10 days, I don't think the Mavs will bring Luka back. I think they'll just shut him down for the summer. They'd be pushing their luck trying to bring him back within 2 weeks as it is.

Or maybe they simply not sure how the situation will evolve and get hope Luka may be able to play. For me, i do hope he play and we beat them with their best player.

Game 1 is on Saturday.

If the Jazz can go up 3-0 in the series within the next 10 days, I don't think the Mavs will bring Luka back. I think they'll just shut him down for the summer. They'd be pushing their luck trying to bring him back within 2 weeks as it is.

all i can think of is KD Same apparent injury I hope for his sake he doesn't rush back

Kinda reminds me of the 2008 Houston series where Yao Ming was out and the Jazz won the first two games in Houston, lost game three, won game four, lost game five and closed out the Rockets in six.

Of course, not totally equal, as Houston still had McGrady, and really, the longer this series goes without Luka doesn't bode well.

But it was a good break for Utah. They were able to take advantage of it, despite I think most pundits picking Houston.

That was also the last playoffs where the Jazz actually looked like a team that could maybe win a championship with some lucky breaks. They played LA tough that year, even if they lost 4-2 (if I recall, the Jazz came back from a huge deficit in the fourth of game six and had a chance to tie at the buzzer with an Okur three but he missed).

I'm not sure what any of this means but that playoff sticks out to me.

I am laughing at the comments about how we have them if we can get one game in Dallas and they are done when they come back to SLC. Have you seen the Jazz home record. Beside the fact that this Jazz team have blown a few games after having a 20 point plus lead. I have little confidence in this team to tough it out in close games. I want Luka to play so there can be no excuses. I expected a tough series and possibly 7 games with either team winning. This is not a guarantee victory for the Jazz. For the Jazz to win they have to stop all the dumb turnovers, shoot effectively, share the ball and try to play defense. It would help if they had all their primary players healthy. I think the Jazz are the better overall team but that doesn't mean they will win. I think they have little chance against the Suns if they advance.

Agree with that. I do actually think Jazz if they give 100% are a real contender and can beat anybody. Just need to get the famous click and stop to **** up at money time. I truly believe we can. Go Jazz!!

This is probably what will end up happening, but it's still bull ****.

View: https://twitter.com/Tjonesonthenba/status/1513929765610131456

Came here to post this... would be total ******** if so imo. I mean they rescinded a legitimate tech against him to allow him to play the final game and look what the basketball gods did to them... if they extend the series to allow more time for him to come back I am afraid of the vengeance the basketball gods will have.

Yep. It's complete ********. And when he comes back, they will give him every call. It's going to be like watching Harden a few years ago.
It would be tough for them to pull this kind of move and then argue that officiating doesn't favor more popular players.

Game 1 is on Saturday.

Jazz going up 3-0 and then blowing it would be right on brand. This team makes history…it’s what they’re good at.

Jazz going up 3-0 and then blowing it would be right on brand. This team makes history…it’s what they’re good at.
My prediction is up 3-0 and up 25 in the second half... then they go on a huge scoring run and we lose. I will not feel good until we win every game... no collapse is too big for this team.

Agreed. I just don't see how the Mavs could possibly score enough points without Luka to beat us.

Clippers without PG and Kawhi put an all time offensive output against us. I think anyone can put enough points to beat us. Our defense is terrible and you don’t need top end talent to get by our defenders.

The Mavs have also been pretty good without Luka on the court the past few years. Luka is not one of those stars with a gigantic on/off differential. The Mavs have good systems and good talent all around, which is a recipe for disaster for the Jazz.

On paper, the Jazz should beat the Mavs with or without Luka. But this Jazz team is unbelievable/illogical, and they can very easily embarrass themselves against the Mavs with or without Luka.

Nobody would care. Officiating can also swing momentum with plenty of cover because “that’s just what the Jazz do.”
A clear scheduling BS move though just means the NBA is looking more and more like WWE... Also they should not tempt the basketball gods... they already did it once.

Clippers without PG and Kawhi put an all time offensive output against us. I think anyone can put enough points to beat us. Our defense is terrible and you don’t need top end talent to get by our defenders.

The Mavs have also been pretty good without Luka on the court the past few years. Luka is not one of those stars with a gigantic on/off differential. The Mavs have good systems and good talent all around, which is a recipe for disaster for the Jazz.

On paper, the Jazz should beat the Mavs with or without Luka. But this Jazz team is unbelievable/illogical, and they can very easily embarrass themselves against the Mavs with or without Luka.
Imagine Luka doesn't play and the Mavs grind out game 1... are we going to punch back? what makes someone believe we would?

A clear scheduling BS move though just means the NBA is looking more and more like WWE... Also they should not tempt the basketball gods... they already did it once.
Every time they do it, they’ve been rewarded with the almighty dollar. When has it ever backfired? Not even Stern going out with a presser saying Donaghey cooked games had any lasting power behind a couple days and a few people online.