What's new

Jazz vs Phoenix

They probably just felt bad cutting Sims right after he gets a flagrant-2 (and associated fine) so they'll keep him a few more days. Not that that helps -- he probably doesn't get any more money either way -- but it looks nicer. Yeah...that must be the explanation.

Jazz will keep withey... this preseason hasn't been great offensively but he was really good last year for us when we needed him. That matters more. Bolomboy is fine but a rook... needs seasoning.

If we add another wing it will be via a Mack trade... either for draft picks and to open up a roster spot or for another player. I think I'd rather play Mack at the two and slide Rodney/Exum/hood/burks to the three for a few minutes than play CJ.

They probably just felt bad cutting Sims right after he gets a flagrant-2 (and associated fine) so they'll keep him a few more days. Not that that helps -- he probably doesn't get any more money either way -- but it looks nicer. Yeah...that must be the explanation.

No, pretty sure there are deadlines to your roster size. I think the deadline came up today and the Jazz cut the minimum they had to.

Oof.

giphy.gif

How dare you tar me with the Kiwi brush ... they're like our pauper little brothers lol

Instead a ban for vocabulary Nazi who fails a vocabulary test. Aggressiveness is the more appropriate term, often used as a positive attribute in sports, while aggression instead often connotes hostility.

seriously dude, just relax where's your sense of humour ??

but if you want to debate ...
Aggressiveness more implies a general trait or state of being aggressive, not whether it is positive or negative. Aggression refers more to specific acts. Driving hard into the paint is a specific act no ??? I hope nobody is expecting Dante Exum's general play to be aggressive .. he's not going to shoot, pass, call plays aggressively, nor make a layup or run back to the bench aggressively ?? It's his specific act of driving to the rim that people are calling him to be aggressive with. Perhaps it's cultural difference, each to their own.

I will be extremely disappointed if Chris Johnson is logging any minutes for this team this year. That would mean that things have went terribly, terribly wrong. We didn't revamp our bench to give CJ minutes. . .

meant affectionately of course .. we love our NZ brothers .. just don't mention the Bledisloe cup plz

Meh, I think rugby is boring af tbh. Ya'll have got us licked in pretty much everything I care about (apart from being the coolest country).

Tony Jones said something to that point last week.

The longer he's out the more worried I become.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

He does have a history of getting injured. I'm hoping they just want to hold him out of preseason as a precaution so he stays fresh. For the start of the regular season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

his handle is further away than I'd hoped.

IDK. Did you expect him to greatly improve his handle while he was out for a year? Personally, I'm extremely excited about this kid... and yes, still a kid in NBA terms. As much as I've supported him, I've been quite concerned about how much that injury might rob his quickness and defensive ability. I was 10th row at the preseason opener against Portland, and I must admit that I came away with serious doubts that he would ever be as quick, and possibly ineffective as an NBA player overall. I really hoped that one game meant nothing, and since then I'd say he's shown enough to me that there's still reason to have high hopes.

Let's not forget that Dante was expected to be a project when drafted, and in project terms, many players take 2 or 3 years to be able to contribute significantly in an NBA game. Dante has already done so, and he's only starting his 2nd year.

Lastly, I'd just like to say that in Deron Williams' first year, I had my doubts he'd ever be able to get to the rim. He wasn't afraid like Exum has shown, but damn if he didn't get blocked or intimidated most of the time. His second year was a completely different story. I doubt Dante will ever have a handle like Deron, but I've learned to give young players a chance to prove my opinions wrong.

IDK. Did you expect him to greatly improve his handle while he was out for a year? Personally, I'm extremely excited about this kid... and yes, still a kid in NBA terms. As much as I've supported him, I've been quite concerned about how much that injury might rob his quickness and defensive ability. I was 10th row at the preseason opener against Portland, and I must admit that I came away with serious doubts that he would ever be as quick, and possibly ineffective as an NBA player overall. I really hoped that one game meant nothing, and since then I'd say he's shown enough to me that there's still reason to have high hopes.

Let's not forget that Dante was expected to be a project when drafted, and in project terms, many players take 2 or 3 years to be able to contribute significantly in an NBA game. Dante has already done so, and he's only starting his 2nd year.

Lastly, I'd just like to say that in Deron Williams' first year, I had my doubts he'd ever be able to get to the rim. He wasn't afraid like Exum has shown, but damn if he didn't get blocked or intimidated most of the time. His second year was a completely different story. I doubt Dante will ever have a handle like Deron, but I've learned to give young players a chance to prove my opinions wrong.

I'm still optimistic. I hope I've been clear about that. But, yeah, I see his handle and think, 'that looks like it needs drills... the types that he could have been doing like ****ing crazy during this time off.'

I'm still optimistic. I hope I've been clear about that. But, yeah, I see his handle and think, 'that looks like it needs drills... the types that he could have been doing like ****ing crazy during this time off.'

I agree that this is a legitimate concern that seems like it could have improved more during his off year. I also agree that he is still very young and this is the type of thing that can be improved with practice, so it shouldn't tamper enthusiasm on what he might become.