What's new

Jazz vs Raptors | Wednesday November 3rd @ 6pm

eh? I disagree entirely. Which Raptor rotation players, outside Bargnani, are above average three-point shooters at their position? Through three games (admittedly, a very small sample), the Raps are below average in both three-pointers attempted and three-point percentage. Jazz need to play good transition D, box out Reggie Evans, and help on dribble penetration from the Raptor wings (Kleiza, DD, Barbosa, etc.). On O, pound the ball inside all night long. The Jazz shouldn't have to rely on jumpers against the weak Raps frontcourt.

Never said they were great three point shooters but its all they got left with Bosh gone. We don't want to be one of their few asterisk nights where they got hot.

Career

Barbosa: 39%
Calderon: 37%
Bargs: 37%
Jack: 35%
Kleiza: 34%
Anderson: 35%

This might be my favorite one...

"Remember the last time Jose was matched up with Deron on defense? It was a genocide."

Is the league pass preview over? Man I hope there is a good stream tonight.

...yeah, lord knows what could possibly happen to the emotional well-being of a jazz fan if he missed the 4th game of the season against the juggernaut team known as the Toronto Raptors!

From ESPN:

The Jazz will try for their 11th straight win over the Toronto Raptors on Wednesday night. Utah has won five in a row and is 11-3 against the Raptors at home, and its star point guard has never lost to them in 10 career games.

I'm counting on a "breakout" game by Al - 25/15/and 3 blocks or thereabouts.
Deron - 19 points/13 assists/sits out most of 4th quarter.

Never said they were great three point shooters but its all they got left with Bosh gone. We don't want to be one of their few asterisk nights where they got hot.

Career

Barbosa: 39%
Calderon: 37%
Bargs: 37%
Jack: 35%
Kleiza: 34%
Anderson: 35%
Look, the Pheonix East talk needs to end. The Raptors were below the league average in 3-pointers attempted last season (even though they were 5th in scoring), and likely will be again this season. They also played at a slower pace than the Jazz last season, and, again, probably will do so this season as well.

Your list is, well, silly. Anderson played one season in Houston, averaging 14 minutes per, Kleiza and Jack's percentages are below average, even though they're guards, Calderon can't shoot anymore.

Since the Raps rely on 3-pt shooting less than most teams, them getting hot from 3 is less dangerous than most teams getting hot from 3. Why anyone would say otherwise, I don't know.

Let's start rolling at home tonight!!! I don't expect us to look like we did the first two games ever again. However it's obvious our success hinges upon D-Will's aggressiveness and CJ being able to contribute. We know what we're going to get out of everyone else.

As the season unfolds, I'm hoping Raja comes off the bench and either CJ or Hayward starts over him alongside AK. Bell is just over the hill.

I watched Toronto the other night and they aren't that impressive. Kleiza loves to shoot everytime he touches the ball, as does Bargnani. Bargnani is also softer than tissue paper so we should pound them on the glass when he's in. They have Reggie Evans to help with the rebounding, but assuming we control the boards I say we cruise tonight!

Lets get it!!

I have a feeling Leandro "the Mole" Barbosa is going to have his way with the Jazz. With that being said, Jazz win by 20.

Big Fes possibly out due to "gastric distress" and didn't participate it shoot-around. Sad, I think his steal-to-breakaway-dunk was against the raptors last year.

For what the Raptors lack in talent, their game thread makes up for it: https://www.raptorsforum.com/f/f5/g...raptors-vs-utah-jazz-wednesday-9pm-17791.html

insider.gif

That's the best part of the thread!

Big Fes possibly out due to "gastric distress" and didn't participate it shoot-around. Sad, I think his steal-to-breakaway-dunk was against the raptors last year.
Probably sick to his stomach for coming into the season at a lower weight, in better shape, and with a better attitude, yet still getting gipped with not even 10 minutes per game (not that the first-string center was performing at a level that clearly put him ahead of Fes for those 10 to 15 MPG).