What's new

Jazz VS Rockets Game Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 5000
  • Start date
I think he prefers AB, but he came in and immediately took a one dribble pull-up 20 footer and Quin said alright, that's enough of that lol.
Relatively early in the shot clock too iirc. That is the bigger problem. If it had been a short clock situation maybe it wouldn't be so bad. I think part of the problem is AB does not realize who he is. At times he thinks he is Kobe or something. Not in a good way, that he has good confidence or something, but in a way where he does not realize his own limitations. The great players know what they can and cannot do and play within themselves, hitting that stride then just killing it. They do, of course, continue to add to their game (Kobe and the 3 ball, Malone at FTs and mid-range shots, etc.), but on the court, Malone never tried to be Olajuwon with some weird spin **** or something. I think at times Burks just thinks he has to make the play and does stuff he just cannot do. Low BBall IQ guy.

I really hope both Allen and Burks end up putting the pieces together to where they are fighting for the PT every night, and both are deserving. That would be a good situation to be in. And would give us hella flexibility come trade time to help us maneuver to set us up to sign a solid 3rd star alongside Mitchell and Gobert.

Just imagine this lineup and prepare to faint in pure ecstasy:

Rubio (or Exum, take your pick)
Mitchell
Ingles
Anthony Davis
Gobert

Then we win all the chips.

No I am not going to give up the AD fantasy...not even when he signs for 7 years for max or whatever with the Lakers next summer.

I would have played X over Rubio for sure but not AB. Maybe have him play behind Joe at the 3 cause Royce was mostly trash tonight but I think AB is a liability on D at the 3. That said Royce is a bit of a liability everywhere at the moment (I have faith both he and Ricky will bounce.) I suppose yeah what im saying is i wouldn't play AB and DM together.
Royce has been pretty much trash all season so far. Did he hurt his foot too?

Man we must have really pissed them off cuz now Woj says they offering 4 first round picks for Jimmy Butler... some Brooklyn Nets stuff right there. I don't think they could retain him if he wants a max but I'm not sure what the limitations are. Getting him for a one year run now at the expense of 4 picks would be amazing short term thinking.

Man we must have really pissed them off cuz now Woj says they offering 4 first round picks for Jimmy Butler... some Brooklyn Nets stuff right there. I don't think they could retain him if he wants a max but I'm not sure what the limitations are. Getting him for a one year run now at the expense of 4 picks would be amazing short term thinking.
Nothing could be better than the completion of that trade + Butler leaving in the offseason.

Nothing could be better than the completion of that trade + Butler leaving in the offseason.
On the flipside, if he stays, that's a team to be reckoned with. If all they have is Paul, Harden, Butler, Tucker, and Capela, they can just fill in the rest of the roster with ring-chasers, G-leaguers, 2nd rounders, whatever. That's still a ****ing contender.

For a couple of seasons, anyway.

I think Ricky is too much in his own head regarding his shooting, which is why he is hesitating. He did very best last season when he took what the defense gave him in the flow of the offense. Maybe it is because our offense has yet to find a good flow, but this season he just seems so much more forced. He need to relax, and take what they give him, and keep shooting. If they back off, shoot it. I don't care if he has a few games of 3-12 or 4-15 something, he needs to make the best bball play and there will be times when that is for him to take the shot. I think he will settle down and get into it, but for a while it is going to be painful. And if he doesn't well, we will need to make some changes that is for sure.

On the flipside, if he stays, that's a team to be reckoned with. If all they have is Paul, Harden, Butler, Tucker, and Capela, they can just fill in the rest of the roster with ring-chasers, G-leaguers, 2nd rounders, whatever. That's still a ****ing contender.

For a couple of seasons, anyway.

Check the other thread... I have serious doubts the owner there can pay that kind of tax bill. He's not as wealthy as the prior owner.

Check the other thread... I have serious doubts the owner there can pay that kind of tax bill. He's not as wealthy as the prior owner.
Okay, but why make the offer? The only player of those five they would trade off is Tucker, and even then, still a damn good team.

Okay, but why make the offer? The only player of those five they would trade off is Tucker, and even then, still a damn good team.

Check the other thread... but it might be pushing all in for this one year. Try to re-sign Jimmy but maybe grind him in the negotiations... if he signs great. If not you just saved $50M.

The LT payment this year is $25M or so... total payroll is $162ish. Re-sign Jimmy and you are looking at a similar number next year... the following year it's repeater tax. Your team is old AF and you have a huge bill... with no way outside of minimum contracts to replenish or you can use exceptions but costs will skyrocket.

ricky rubio's struggle directly effects the entire flow of the offense b/c when you don't have to guard rubio from the 3pt line that creates all kind of problems, defenders can sag off and pack the paint or just cheat on screens for days. Spacing gets messed up.

The good thing about AB's shot was that it gave us this gem from Melo.

Can someone post a link to the clip? It's stuck behind an ad overlay.

Can someone post a link to the clip? It's stuck behind an ad overlay.

Yeah streamables and other embedded vids here only work with adblockers turned off, and even then they're kinda weird.

https://strea mable.com/pbebg

Just take out the space between the a and the m and copy paste it into your browser.