What's new

Jazz waive Brantley

Interesting that it’s done before camp.

I’m going to indulge my delusion that the Dunn trade that was official yesterday means that he’ll get bought out soon and we’re clearing the deck.

You could be right. I suspect that Quin and the front office dissected the summer league and decided to walk away. This still gives him time to hook on to another team for camp.

I just don't think Brantley has the right skillset to stick in the league. Think he can play overseas and do alright, but just won't be a contributor in the NBA.

Jack of all trades, master of none to a degree.

Martin Schiller the former Stars coach is coaching in Europe and has Tyler Cavanaugh and Mudiay on his roster and I would think welcome JB with open arms.

Not really happy about it because I like him, but understandable. He has a good set of skills. Unfortunately those skills seem to be at G-league level and not quite NBA level. No standout skill to keep him in the league.

Glad this happened. Dude is missing some of the main tools needed to play in today's league. And it isn't just that his percentages aren't good. The number of horrible misses from 3 when he was wide open was the final nail in the coffin for me. I wish him the best, but he isn't good enough to stick in the NBA.

Well this does mean that with DL being really high on Lu Dort, that 2/3 guys he was higher on than Dort are now gone. We’ll see about the third.

They're cutting him now so he can get picked up somewhere else....maybe. Brantley is a switchable defender though, so there's some value there.

I think, practically speaking, the Jarrell Brantley experiment ended when we picked up Eric Paschall.

Thats too bad. Happy trails

Why did the Jazz even sign him? It just seems like they lit $80,000 on fire. I know it's chump change in the grand scheme of things but it doesn't seem like sound management to me.

I really like the idea of Brantley as a player, but he didn't really consistently show his talents when he got on the court. If he doesn't get picked up, he'll be a great player in Europe.

Had high hopes but he will join the pile of intriguing guys I got excited about but then they sputtered out and left me more disappointed than Hearsky’s mom when she found out that Chuck a Rama was going to an 8 plate maximum. Brantley joins Fesenko, Evans, Bolomboy etc.

Best of luck.