What's new

Jazz Waive Murry

no one knows what it means. but it's provocative gets the people moving.
gets their minds off the perpetual tank.
fans minds get off the fact that the team stinks, they keep buyin tix, the cash flow keeps runnin in mgmt's pockets.
the fans is in the buildin, they hands is on the ceilin, mgmts in the zone. dont let em get in to they zone.
Nothin stops that cash train. nothin. If this kind of shufflin of the deck chairs on the titanic is what it takes, then so be it.
#ChooChooo

The No Flex zone?

I don't get DoL's love for tinkering with marginal roster spots.

Seems like a lot of effort for little to no payout.

Traditionally, the Jazz have always left a roster spot open in case of injuries. Murry isn't going to be the difference between a playoff spot and landing in the lottery. Jazz had two combo guards in Clark and Murry. Clark was probably further along in terms of his ball handling and PG skills. Jazz have three SG's injured. They needed another wing. Oh yeah, did someone mention he has a well-known brother who is going to be an UFA next season?

Did Murry have a guaranteed deal? If so, he gets paid plus he's now able to find a team that wants to give him minutes.

Scrubs-scrubs-118606_1024_768.jpg

Seems odd that Utah who isn't a playoff team and were losing games didn't try to give him more minutes to see if he could do some damage or at least provide a spark. There were certainly some garbage minutes he could have had. It seems like QS just didn't like this kid. Maybe the Knicks will give him another shot?

I'm not sure why anyone should feel that Murry wasn't given a fair shot. The Jazz signed him and obviously didn't like what they saw. Giving someone garbage minutes isn't really an ideal way to evaluate someone. I'm sure he was being evaluated in camp, preseason, and in the DL. Jazz weren't impressed and let him go when another need came up. I think what most Jazz fans are upset about is the fact that they didn't get a chance to see him play first before being let go.

I meant he didn't have a single chance to show his value, despite all the injuries.

I have a friend that was unemployed a few years ago. He went on multiple job interviews and wasn't hired. He noted to me "I wish someone would just give me a chance." I asked him (in a loving-friend way) if he viewed his interviews as "a chance", and if not, that he should.

Murry did have a chance to show his value. It might not have been in a live game, but he certainly had opportunities to show the coaching staff what he could do.