What's new

Jazz Writers Twitter Space

If we trade Mitchell he definitely could drop 20+ a night. I also wouldn’t mind keeping him and starting him at SG if we keep Mitchell.
Beasley can be a great complimentary piece to Mitchell with his shooting. The guy is a really good spot up shooter.

Beasley can be a great complimentary piece to Mitchell with his shooting. The guy is a really good spot up shooter.

With Beasley It sounded between some questions

They cited his off court issues, not wanting to delve deeper, in what it passed as both not wanting to discuss how bad the issues actually were, maybe not necessarily be as much in depth of the facts as they'd be if he was a Jazz player as of when It happened, and a much more complicated and longer topic to go on, but leaving it like "not the things you'd like to associate with".

But that being just one thing, they also went with the Clarkson comparison with citing Beasley as the better shooter, but having the impressions that Clarkson being a much more coachable player, willingfull to (at least try to) follow what been told to do.

Also cited that with Beasley contract, he was basically like an expiring (so maybe a better asset to sell right now, while Clarkson maybe better to keep and sell later ?)

The first two issues combined, along the team culture and locker room issues, they wanting to get rid of House Jr, being open to badmouth Gay, etc, seemed pretty much like "Jazz need/want to get rid of troublemakers, not stockpiling them"

Considering all the hints that were given around Mitchell, i'd say that it looked like the Jazz are open to sell him now If they receive their home run offer (which seemed like it's not there as of exactly now) but if they don't, they're willingfull to wait his value to rise for them selling him at the right price (whatever that may be)

I seem to recall Andy Larsen making a few very mild comments regarding the dysfunction and Jazz fans on twitter destroying him for it.

I totally agree. So many fans ripped Andy apart. Going as far as saying that Andy was adding fuel to the fire and hurting the team. It’s such ********. I love Andy, but there’s no way he could hurt the team.

Side note: Andy was often critical of Quin, even though Quin publicly called Andy “his guy” - So I respect Andy a ton for not sugarcoating things.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Considering all the hints that were given around Mitchell, i'd say that it looked like the Jazz are open to sell him now If they receive their home run offer (which seemed like it's not there as of exactly now) but if they don't, they're willingfull to wait his value to rise for them selling him at the right price (whatever that may be)
It sounds like we were in wait and see mode with Rudy too but when Minny realized Durant wasn't a realistic target they came with the god father offer.

With Beasley It sounded between some questions

They cited his off court issues, not wanting to delve deeper, in what it passed as both not wanting to discuss how bad the issues actually were, maybe not necessarily be as much in depth of the facts as they'd be if he was a Jazz player as of when It happened, and a much more complicated and longer topic to go on, but leaving it like "not the things you'd like to associate with".

But that being just one thing, they also went with the Clarkson comparison with citing Beasley as the better shooter, but having the impressions that Clarkson being a much more coachable player, willingfull to (at least try to) follow what been told to do.

Also cited that with Beasley contract, he was basically like an expiring (so maybe a better asset to sell right now, while Clarkson maybe better to keep and sell later ?)

The first two issues combined, along the team culture and locker room issues, they wanting to get rid of House Jr, being open to badmouth Gay, etc, seemed pretty much like "Jazz need/want to get rid of troublemakers, not stockpiling them"
Beasley has done some jail time. It's a matter of public record.

Don was "running the team" but the basketball was all built around Rudy.

No wonder it all failed.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

Right, because everyone knows that putting a bunch of unresized players that can't stay in front of a barstool in the best way to build around the best defender in the world. Three years ago when we signed Bogey and traded for Conley and Clarkson and pivoted big time from a defensive team to an offensive one, most of that was done with Donovan in mind. Dennis Lindsey said multiple times in interviews that they knew Donovan was being asked to carry too big of a burden offensively his fist couple of seasons and they wanted to get him some help and take some of the load off of him.

Right, because everyone knows that putting a bunch of unresized players that can't stay in front of a barstool in the best way to build around the best defender in the world. Three years ago when we signed Bogey and traded for Conley and Clarkson and pivoted big time from a defensive team to an offensive one, most of that was done with Donovan in mind. Dennis Lindsey said multiple times in interviews that they knew Donovan was being asked to carry too big of a burden offensively his fist couple of seasons and they wanted to get him some help and take some of the load off of him.
We essentially went from a grind it out, big, defensive minded team with Rubio, Favors etc to a 3P shooting offensive team with Conley and Bojan.

There was a moment where they brought up Malik Beasley. Tony said he would likely start at SG, Andy then jumps in and says you don’t do that if you’re trying to lose. Sarah says she feels like Beasley is a little redundant with Clarkson on the team and Andy says Clarkson is the last person the Jazz should be trying to trade. Super weird sequence…

Andy probably thinks Clarkson would make the perfect tank commander...I tend to agree.

Andy probably thinks Clarkson would make the perfect tank commander...I tend to agree.

I feel like he might be the worst tank commander. He teaches the young guys bad habits. He doesn't play defense. He doesn't pass the ball and help young guys develop. He takes too many shots away from developing players. He is great at the 6th man role for a team trying to win that needs scoring bad and can sacrifice other stuff. Off the court he seems like a solid guy so I guess that is his only good part for that.

I feel like he might be the worst tank commander. He teaches the young guys bad habits. He doesn't play defense. He doesn't pass the ball and help young guys develop. He takes too many shots away from developing players. He is great at the 6th man role for a team trying to win that needs scoring bad and can sacrifice other stuff. Off the court he seems like a solid guy so I guess that is his only good part for that.

I meant he might be a perfect tank commander in that he could lose them a lot of games