What's new

Jazzfanz Fantasy Football 2012

calijazz

Winner of the 2011 Jazzfanz mock draft contest
Yep, it's back! I renewed the Yahoo league from last year and as of right now there are six spots open. Current league settings:

League ID#: 129243
League Name: Jazzfanz.com
Password: favors
Custom League URL: https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/jazzfanzcom
Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
Draft Time: Sun Aug 26 7:30pm PDT
Max Teams: 12
Live Draft Pick Time: 1 Minute, 15 Seconds
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: No maximum
Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum
Max Trades for Entire Season No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 3
Trade End Date: November 16, 2012
Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
Trade Review: Commissioner
Waiver Time: 1 day
Waiver Type: Weekly rolling list based on standings
Weekly Waivers Sunday - Tuesday
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Invite Sharing Tools: Disabled
Playoffs: Week 14, 15 and 16 (6 teams) Note: Week 16 runs 7 days from Dec 18 to Dec 24
Playoff Reseeding: Yes
Divisions: Yes (3 divisions)
Playoff Seeding Options: Division winners awarded top playoff seeds
Lock Eliminated Teams: Yes
Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R/T, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
Fractional Points: Yes
Negative Points: Yes
Make League Publicly Viewable: Yes

Info needed to join in bold.

https://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/

I've never been that into pro football so I'll let people who are fill up the spots. I'll be getting ready for fantasy basketball myself.

I have never lost in this league so I am feeling pretty good about my chances of winning.

Not trying to derail your thread cali, but if anyone wants to join a league for money I'm gonna start one on ESPN. We can figure out how much we want the buy in to be later.

Is that the same as a keeper league? I considered it but there's just too much turnover from year to year with this league to make it work I think.

In my experience the only way to make a keeper league work is if its with good friends or you have money involved. Like, a 3 year keeper league where you pay $20 or something up front and that money is held until the end of 3 years. Otherwise people just drop out if their keepers are going to suck.

Jazzfanz Keeper League for $$$! Who's In?????

I'm guessing nobody. Did ya'll know that betting on fantasy sports is not illegal and isnt considered gambling? Google it. Also, did you know playing fantasy football without betting is like playing poker for funsies? Nobody takes it serious after the first 3 weeks.

In my experience the only way to make a keeper league work is if its with good friends or you have money involved. Like, a 3 year keeper league where you pay $20 or something up front and that money is held until the end of 3 years. Otherwise people just drop out if their keepers are going to suck.

Jazzfanz Keeper League for $$$! Who's In?????

I'm guessing nobody. Did ya'll know that betting on fantasy sports is not illegal and isnt considered gambling? Google it. Also, did you know playing fantasy football without betting is like playing poker for funsies? Nobody takes it serious after the first 3 weeks.

I would possibly be down for it...depending on how much $$$ we're talking here.

I hate keeper leagues. I'm glad this isn't one of them, therefore I gladly registered my team and look forward to beating everyone's asses just like I did in basketball.

I would possibly be down for it...depending on how much $$$ we're talking here.

Honestly, I'd be up for whatever. $10, $20 or anything really. How much money isnt that important really. I just hate playing in leagues where half the teams quit or forget about it part way through. If theres money involved, even if its not alot, people usually pay attention.

I wasn't really into pro football until I made a fantasy team last year. It actually gets you to root for more than just one team in the NFL.

Football is, behind tennis, the worst sport in America. I'd rather watch soccer, and man, that is saying something.

I'm only in this league for two reasons: The chicks, and for the fun of humiliating you losers again.

Football is, behind tennis, the worst sport in America. I'd rather watch soccer, and man, that is saying something.

I'm only in this league for two reasons: The chicks, and for the fun of humiliating you losers again.

That comment is worthy of an auto-ban. You're lucky I'm out of the moderating business.