What's new

Jazzfanz Mock Draft Exercise #1

A good pick for Houston would be Stephon Castle if they can get him. He has the toughness that Houston likes and adds some playmaking next to Amen Thompson, while Cam Whitmore and Jabari Smith are play finishers. However, Holland has some interesting upside as a playmaker if coaches can help him with his decision-making. Houston reportedly offered Jalen Green to Brooklyn in a trade proposal involving Mikal Bridges.

Any team could use Knecht's shooting.

Who would you have taken @Saint Cy of JFC?

Do you dislike Holland, find him redundant on Houston, or both?
I have him as the best player available for when you were picking. I'm not sure he is a good fit with them as currently constructed but any rookie they draft is likely to get very few minutes based on their current depth. Clingan would also make some sense to provide a defensive presence in the paint. If Knecht were on the board then I would have considered him an ideal fit.

They've also been giving regular minutes to Bruno Fernando, but I think it makes sense they'd take a big in the lottery.
Maybe, but I dont think Clingan is that guy. Can he be an above the rim lob threat the way Quin/Trae like their bigs to be?

With dallas last year taking Lively made a lot of sense because he was a perfect fit for what they needed. I think Clingan is a better fit with a team like Memphis who doesnt need their 5 man to be an important part of their offense.

Last edited:
Maybe, but I dont think Clingan is that guy. Can he be an above the rim lob threat the way Quin/Trae like their bigs to be?

With dallas last year taking Lively made a lot of sense because he was a perfect fit for what they needed. I think Clingan is a better fit with a team like Memphis who doesnt need their 5 man to be an important part of their offense.

Can you use your synergy account to look at Clingans PNR stats?

Clingan at 11 is good for the hawks... even if he isn't the lob threat theyd prefer.

We all know that Presti likes to swing for the fences with some of his picks and they need size up front so I'm going with Ulrich Chomche at 12 for OKC.
Yowza. I don't disagree with the thought process though.

We all know that Presti likes to swing for the fences with some of his picks and they need size up front so I'm going with Ulrich Chomche at 12 for OKC.

That's what playing with house money looks like. I wish the Jazz would have that attitude, at least with their later picks.