What's new

Jazzfanz Mock Draft Exercise #1

Whoever Philly takes is likely moved in a trade for a star. With that said I'll take Walter who slid a little here but would have good value as a trade chip or a potential long term fit with Maxey and Embiid.

With Collier and Walter off the board, the Heat take a swing on Tidjane Salaun. They want to get longer and more athletic on the wing, and they think they can develop an 18 y.o. prospect with upside.

If this is how the draft fell... would you trade 29/32 for 18? Who would you target for the Jazz if so?

If this is how the draft fell... would you trade 29/32 for 18? Who would you target for the Jazz if so?

Not sure who the Jazz would be targeting here, unless they were big believers in Kelel Ware or Zach Edey. I don't think Johnny Furphy moves the needle. Tyler Smith is a good pick here, but it looks like the Jazz are investing in Hendricks. I still like Kyshawn George, but I'm not sure how the Jazz feel.

Phoenix could really use Collin Sexton, btw.

Not sure who the Jazz would be targeting here, unless they were big believers in Kelel Ware or Zach Edey. I don't think Johnny Furphy moves the needle. Tyler Smith is a good pick here, but it looks like the Jazz are investing in Hendricks. I still like Kyshawn George, but I'm not sure how the Jazz feel.

Phoenix could really use Collin Sexton, btw.
Sexton is out of their budget in multiple ways.

Yeah normally I’d say definitely trade up. I’d likely still do it and take Furphy. I might be fine just staying put and seeing who’s there.

I just have a hard time seeing us draft and keep all 3 picks. After taking 3 last year. Maybe that’s how we end up tanking next year though… when we again have 3 picks lol.

Couple options there I suppose but I bet they end up moving one of the picks or finding a consolidation partner to move up.
I suppose another option is to draft upper class men late as they might not huge projects.

This is his range imo. I was tempted to take him for Philly but Walter slid to me.
He's obviously lacking many things you'd want in a modern NBA big. But even so, size in general is coming back in a big way, and he certainly has that. Hard to believe the guy can't give you a dozen productive minutes a night on an NBA court. Seems like a nice piece to have on a roster. I'd love to get him with either later Jazz pick, but that ship feels like it has sailed.