What's new

Jazzfanz off-season ping pong tournament-- time now set: Aug 31, 7-9 pm

I've been watching the Chinese ping pong national team play lately. They are amazing. A lot of the parks here have ping pong tables and a lot of people playing. Usually older people that are very very good.

I have a colleague who is the Strength Coach for Chinese national ping pong team, which amuses me.

LOL

I'm going to be in Utah over the labor day holiday if any get togethers are going to be planned. If this takes place then I might be able to participate. Be there from the 29th to the 3rd I believe.

Bump

So far these people have said yes or maybe
colton
Stoked
Heathme
Safetydan
fishonjazz
Archie Moses
Jazzta
LogGrad98 (if labor day weekend)

Anyone else want in before we start trying to figure out the day?

Bump

colton
Stoked
Heathme
Safetydan
fishonjazz
Archie Moses
Jazzta

Come on y’all. Join in. It’ll be fun

Bump

colton
Stoked
Heathme
Safetydan
fishonjazz
Archie Moses
Jazzta

@Stoked, @Heathme, @Safetydan, @fishonjazz, @Archie Moses, @Jazzta, @LogGrad98, and anyone else who wants to join in at this point: I created a "whenisgood" survey for you to fill in your availability for the next three weeks. As mentioned in the OP, it'll need to be MWF evening, or Sat morning/evening. I'll look for a time slot when everyone is available for 2-3 hours. Hopefully there will be one.

Here's the link: http://whenisgood.net/2gink7r. Please fill it out in the next 24 hours if possible, as the first date I listed in the survey is this Friday.

Sent. Really just Friday night or Saturday the weekend of the 31st for me.

@Stoked, @Heathme, @Safetydan, @fishonjazz, @Archie Moses, @Jazzta, @LogGrad98, and anyone else who wants to join in at this point: I created a "whenisgood" survey for you to fill in your availability for the next three weeks. As mentioned in the OP, it'll need to be MWF evening, or Sat morning/evening. I'll look for a time slot when everyone is available for 2-3 hours. Hopefully there will be one.

Here's the link: http://whenisgood.net/2gink7r. Please fill it out in the next 24 hours if possible, as the first date I listed in the survey is this Friday.

Bump. Still waiting for @Safetydan and @fishonjazz to respond to whenisgood survey. And anyone else who might have decided they were interested after all. (Maybe @TroutBum?)

Unfortunately it's not looking real good. Not only is there not a time when the 6 people who have responded can all get together, there's also not even a time when 5 of the 6 can do it. The best options so far are:
  • Sat Aug 31, 10 am - 12 pm - @Jazzta and @Heathme are the two who can't make it. Are you both sure that time is impossible?
  • Sat Aug 31, 7 pm - 9 pm - Same thing. @Jazzta and @Heathme are the two who can't make it. Are you both sure that time is impossible?
  • Wed Sep 4, 7 pm and later - @Stoked and @LogGrad98 are the two who can't make it. I think LogGrad98 is not in town that day, but Stoked, are you sure that evening is impossible?

Bump. Still waiting for @Safetydan and @fishonjazz to respond to whenisgood survey. And anyone else who might have decided they were interested after all. (Maybe @TroutBum?)

Unfortunately it's not looking real good. Not only is there not a time when the 6 people who have responded can all get together, there's also not even a time when 5 of the 6 can do it. The best options so far are:
  • Sat Aug 31, 10 am - 12 pm - @Jazzta and @Heathme are the two who can't make it. Are you both sure that time is impossible?
  • Sat Aug 31, 7 pm - 9 pm - Same thing. @Jazzta and @Heathme are the two who can't make it. Are you both sure that time is impossible?
  • Wed Sep 4, 7 pm and later - @Stoked and @LogGrad98 are the two who can't make it. I think LogGrad98 is not in town that day, but Stoked, are you sure that evening is impossible?
I'll be helping my sister and brother-in-law frame their basement all day that day unfortunately.

I get my kids on Wednesday afternoons. The times I made myself available are all the times I won’t have my kids.