What's new

Jeff Green will be..

Green will be the PF in these situations. You'll see.

Andy Larsen and Tony Jones have both said multiple times the Jazz plan to close games with a lineup of Conley/Mitchell/Ingles/Bogdanovic/Gobert.

... not really engaged either offensively or defensively, as usual. That's why, despite being long and really athletic, he averaged, for his career, only 5.4 boards per 36 minutes, to go along with appalling 0.9 steals and 0.6 blocks. That's why teams let him go so often, I think. He seems professional -- in the sense that he doesn't create problems for the coaching staff or management -- but, at the end of the day, is simply not engaged enough to be a difference-maker. Besides, I don't think he and Bogdanovic can coexist defensively.

... not really engaged either offensively or defensively, as usual. That's why, despite being long and really athletic, he averaged, for his career, only 5.4 boards per 36 minutes, to go along with appalling 0.9 steals and 0.6 blocks. That's why teams let him go so often, I think. He seems professional -- in the sense that he doesn't create problems for the coaching staff or management -- but, at the end of the day, is simply not engaged enough to be a difference-maker. Besides, I don't think he and Bogdanovic can coexist defensively.
Bad timing for this post

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Andy Larsen and Tony Jones have both said multiple times the Jazz plan to close games with a lineup of Conley/Mitchell/Ingles/Bogdanovic/Gobert.
Better hope Jazz dont miss shots because that lineup ain't stopping teams defensively.

Jazz are really going to miss Favors. And I'd pull Conley in favor of Royce. O'Neale is a MUCH better defender and a better 3pt shooter. With Ingles in the game, Jazz would have two play-makers in Joe and Donovan. I'm just not as high on Conley as most everyone else. I think he and Mitchell get in each other's way. I'm actually hoping he's 1-and-done. Mitchell and either Royce or another big guard need to be in the backcourt together.

Last edited:
Guarantee no one on the Jazz thought Green would be this good
For small stretches, or when the other team isn't fully engaged I bet they did. I guarantee they don't think he will be this good consistently during the season (neither do I). I think Green is a great value as a minimum player that belongs in the rotation and can be a difference maker every once in a while. But every previous team thought they got a great deal at first only to let him walk as soon as they could. Just keep expectations in like with a minimum contract.

Green will be fine, Conley will be fine, Davis will be fine, Bradley will be fine, Ingles will be fine and Exum will be fine if Mudiay ever goes down. I like this team as it is presently constructed. A lot better than last year's IMO, it just takes a minute to get everyone together on the same page, that's all.;)