What's new

Jeremy Evans = Stromile Swift?

Like I said you will see. Ill put it to you like this he just has natural wing skills. He didnt get to showcase anything at WKU but once he starts he career with the Jazz you will see what I mean. Alot of the people posting stuff they say they know about him comes from them reading off web sites.

I will say this, Evans wingspan is freakish at 7'6" (or so I read). CRT has gave me enough info to at least not hate this pick anymore :\

He will never be KD (or even a poor man's KD). I'd say his ceiling at SF is a taller, more athletic, better shooting, better teammate version of Trevor Ariza. Even that is a stretch. I think he is better suited to add some bulk (if at all possible, I think it is) and play PF. At PF his best case scenario is Tyrus Thomas with a better head on his shoulders. I think that is totally reachable.

Evans is not a PF thats what im trying to let them know. No matter how much you say he needs to bulk up it wont happen. He just doesnt have the body to support it. He had to play PF at wku because there wasnt any other big bodies that could do the job. I never said he will be KD I just said that is more along the line of what type of player he is. A longer, more athletic, better shot blocker, and rebounder than KD at that. As of now he doesnt have the consistency from long range like KD but in time he will.

I know you do no thing that Evans can add weight, but I think you are wrong. I will admit that he didn't add much at WKU, but he has added some noticeable bulk to his upper body and arms since graduating from WKU. You could see it in the Summer League games. If he can add bulk that quick from May to July (he looked easily 10lbs heavier) then I think he can add even more over time. I think what you are forgetting is that he is part of a NBA team now and will have much better resources to gain weight. From a personal trainer, to a team chef. Jeremy will be able to focus on improving his body and basketball skills at all times, without the distractions of class, etc. I really think he can top out around 225lbs. If he hits 225lbs he can definitely play the stretch 4 in the NBA. He will have the length and athletic ability to do so, and at that weight, the strength.

Heard from a friend of Evans recently. He enjoyed the Utah tour (doing the camps for kids). He has put on a little more muscle/weight (not sure on exact numbers, would figure around 210lbs now). He is also under contract until January (from what I hear), at which point the Jazz will decide whether to extend him or not.

Whats your point?

My point is... I uploaded that video and thought I would share (It was on nba.com but it's easier to access on youtube), I would also like to point out he did a near-standing dunk over 2 people from outside the key.

Sorry for your bitterness.

I can't believe this thread got 70+ replies.. I just can't.. and I won't.

Just because CRT claims that he personally know and seen Evans play extensively we're all jumping up and down about him becoming the next KD or AK .. (heck why don't you also add LeBron, Pierce, Bryant, Wade, etc while you're at it)?

Last edited:
Thanks for makin my thread famous guys,

And I'll stick to my predictions of Evans being Stromile Swift 2.0, though I always loved the Stro-Show, I scored like 58 points with him in NBA 2k8 a few weeks ago against my friend. Yeah, I still play that game. Pretty ghetto, but hey, its the only basketball game I have.