What's new

Jesse Jackson is a Clown and Needs to Stop Already

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see in the quote within this thread where Jackson brought up race at all. Is every reference to slavery a racial reference?

When it's Jessie Jackson makin the reference, yeah, ya betcho *** it is.

Gilbert seems to have reacted as if James were obligated in some fashion to sign for the Cavaliers. That is certainly some type of ownership mentality.

If I loan you five bucks, I might later act like you're "obligated" to pay me back. That's not the same as claimin I now "own" you, is it?

I didn't see in the quote within this thread where Jackson brought up race at all. Is every reference to slavery a racial reference? I still don't see any relevance by anything Whitlock may have said to accurate *this* assessment appears to be.

Gilbert seems to have reacted as if James were obligated in some fashion to sign for the Cavaliers. That is certainly some type of ownership mentality.

Although Jackson didn't bring up race, do you honestly believe he wasn't comparing James (an African American) to African American slaves? Also, since when did slaves get paid millions of dollars? How is that comparison even remotely relevant?

Sounds to me that a former employer didn't like the way one of his employees left his organization, and ripped him a new fart hole. I see no problem here. If it were Mark Cuban ripping apart Dirk for going back to Germany, do you think Jackson would've said a single peep?

Of course not. I despise Jesse Jackson and everything he stands for. I hope he burns in an outhouse fire.

When it's Jessie Jackson makin the reference, yeah, ya betcho *** it is.

You are failing your own Rorshach test.

If I loan you five bucks, I might later act like you're "obligated" to pay me back. That's not the same as claim I now "own" you, is it?

So, James owed the Clevelan Cavaliers something that would have been repaid by signing a contract? What was that?

Although Jackson didn't bring up race, do you honestly believe he wasn't comparing James (an African American) to African American slaves? Also, since when did slaves get paid millions of dollars? How is that comparison even remotely relevant?

The comparison he made was of Gilbert to slave master mentality. He spoke using Gilbert's putative voice in this mind set. Jackson never compared James to a slave.

It's amusing, all the people complaining about Jackson for describing what another person is thinking, all the while proposing they know exactly what Jackson is thinking.

The comparison he made was of Gilbert to slave master mentality. He spoke using Gilbert's putative voice in this mind set. Jackson never compared James to a slave.

It's amusing, all the people complaining about Jackson for describing what another person is thinking, all the while proposing they know exactly what Jackson is thinking.

Did you read the article? How did he never compare James to a slave?
He speaks as an owner of LeBron
Jesse Jackson criticized Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert on Sunday, saying Gilbert sees LeBron James as a "runaway slave"

Was James legally free to leave Cleveland? Sure, as far as I know. Was he legally free to be a punk-*** bitch for doin it the way he done it? Sure, I can't see why not.

Is Gilbert free to call a punk-*** bitch a punk-*** bitch? Yeah, I can't see why not.

Is Jessie Jackson free to claim that someone who points out that a punk-*** bitch is a punk-*** bitch is actin like a racist slave-owner? Yeah, unfortunately. Don't make it true, or even provide the slightest bit of evidence that it's true, but, still....

Did you read the article? How did he never compare James to a slave?

How did he? Is talking a comparison he derives from another man's thoughts the same thing as making that comparison himself?

Hopper, nice of you to agree that James didn't owe Cleveland anything.

So, James owed the Clevelan Cavaliers something that would have been repaid by signing a contract? What was that?

I don't recall the part of the letter where Gilbert claimed that Lebron was obligated to resign with Cleveland. He did, it seems, somehow seem to think he was entitled to James's best efforts in the playoffs, havin pocketed his check for it, and stuff. Only a slavemaster with a runaway slave to contend with would go thinkin sumthin like that, though, eh?

How did he? Is talking a comparison he derives from another man's thoughts the same thing as making that comparison himself?

You ask how did Jackson compare James to a slave? Again, I'll post what JACKSON SAID.
"He speaks as an owner of LeBron and not the owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers." "His feelings of betrayal personify a slave master mentality. He sees LeBron as a runaway slave.

The part where Jackson says that Gilbert "sees" James as a "runaway slave" is that part where he compares James to a slave. Do you really not get that?

Hopper, nice of you to agree that James didn't owe Cleveland anything.

Once you read the post followin this one of yours that I'm quoting, you'll see that I didn't agree to any such thing. Why is everything so black and white around here. Either:

1) James is a slave who owes his soul to Cleveland, or else
2) He's a free man who owes Cleveland nuthin whatsover, not even the obligation of workin for his paycheck.

“It's not about him leaving. It's the disrespect. It's time for people to hold these athletes accountable for their actions. Is this the way you raise your children? I've been holding this all in for a long time. ”
-- Cleveland Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert

Gilbert said James quit on the Cavs during their second-round series against the Boston Celtics, who rallied from a 2-1 deficit to eliminate Cleveland.

"He quit," Gilbert said. "Not just in Game 5, but in Games 2, 4 and 6. Watch the tape. The Boston series was unlike anything in the history of sports for a superstar."

The Cavaliers were beaten by 32 points in Game 5. During the game, James appeared distracted and uninterested, often glaring at Cleveland's coaches as the Cavs tried to foul to get back into the game in the second half. James also made some puzzling postgame comments, saying he had "spoiled" people with his play over seven seasons."

https://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5365793

I understand how he put Lebron in danger... riling up the idiots who don't have the self control of an angry self made millionaire.

But would you expect anything less from Jessie Jackson?

I didn't see in the quote within this thread where Jackson brought up race at all. Is every reference to slavery a racial reference?

Jackson said "Lebron is not a child, nor is he bound to play on Gilbert's plantation and be demeaned.

https://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12789623

I'm sure that Jackson's remarks that Gilbert wanted James to play on his "plantation" were designed to evoke images of slavery as it existed in, oh, say, ancient roman or greek times, and not as it existed in the deep south in this country, eh, Eric?

Jackson said "Lebron is not a child..." Does this mean that Gilbert can't call him "boy," I wonder?

Last edited:
I don't recall the part of the letter where Gilbert claimed that Lebron was obligated to resign with Cleveland.

I was responding to your example, not Gilbert's letter.

If I loan you five bucks, I might later act like you're "obligated" to pay me back. That's not the same as claim I now "own" you, is it?

I'm still waiting to hear what the metaphorical equivalent of the five bucks is.

He did, it seems, somehow seem to think he was entitled to James's best efforts in the playoffs, havin pocketed his check for it, and stuff.

I didn't read anything in Jackson's comments that indicated otherwise.

The part where Jackson says that Gilbert "sees" James as a "runaway slave" is that part where he compares James to a slave. Do you really not get that?

I really get the difference between commenting on another person's putative forming of a comparison and making that comparison yourself. Apparently, you are not capable of such a distinction. That is not my problem.

As a boy we had a large box elder tree in our back yard. We also had a shed with a lot of left-over lumber from the homes previous owner in it. One day I got ambitious and decided to build myself a tree house.

I made up a simple plan, no real measurements or anything, just a basic idea of what I was going for. Nothing fancy, just some 2x4s nailed to the trunk leading up to a platform. I thought that if this went well I might add some walls down the line.

I got to it and started building. My activities attracted the attention to some of the other kids in the neighborhood. I wasn’t a popular kid, so it took me a little by surprise that one of the coolest kids on the street came over and started helping out a little bit. It was great to have a little help, but before too long he started making suggestions about how it should be built. A simple platform simply wouldn’t do. We needed at least a few levels. No walls was out of the question. Not only did we need four walls, but we needed cut-outs for windows and a trap-door entrance to keep the riff-raff out. The planks nailed to the tree were sup-par as well. It was a spiral staircase or nothing, if the cool kids were going to hang out there.

It was a lot more work then I had bargained for. He continued to help out here and there, but less and less as time went on. I kept at it though and when it was almost finished I was impressed with what I had created. It was one of the best tree houses in town, as far as I was concerned.

I asked him to stop by to put some finishing touches on it before we called it done and showed it off to the rest of the neighborhood kids. He stopped by, sure enough. He looked it over for a second and told me that Jimmy at the end of the street had a tree house, too. I was surprised. I didn’t know Jimmy was building a tree house. He informed me that Jimmy wasn’t building a tree house. Jimmy’s rich new step-daddy bought a tree house and the hired workers were almost finished installing it. He told me he wouldn’t be caught dead in my shabby little tree-shack, that he and his friends were going to be hanging out in Jimmy’s tree house. I told him that I built it like I did because that’s the way he wanted it. That I never would have done half of what I did if he hadn’t insisted it had to be that way. I told him that the tree house was built as much for him as it was for me. He looked at me blankly and said that Jimmy’s tree house was nicer, so that’s where he was going to play.

(this is not a true story)

Yeah, James didn’t owe the Cavaliers anything, technically. No one intends to stop him from joining the Heat. It doesn’t change the fact that the owner of the Cavaliers invested a lot in making a team suited for “the King” only to have him walk away. It doesn’t change the fact that the team with the best record last year and championship hopes is now just another third-rate wannabe team. It doesn’t change the fact that Cleveland fans are disappointed and the owner feels cheated.

More from Jackson:

"If he believes that LeBron quit in games 2, 4, 5 and 6 of the 2010 Eastern Conference semifinals, then, why did he fire the coach?"

Yeah, he's lyin, he couldn't possibly believe that. That couldn't be the real reason he's treatin po LeBron like he's a slave, eh? Must be sum other reason, Gawd only knows what, though. Mebbe because he a racist, ya think?

"If Mr. Gilbert cannot prove that LeBron changed games by quitting, he defames his character."

Good thang ya don't need to prove nuthin if you're just gunna insinuate that sumbuddy is a racist, eh?

Last edited:
"If he believes that LeBron quit in games 2, 4, 5 and 6 of the 2010 Eastern Conference semifinals, then, why did he fire the coach?" (Jesse)

As I recall, Cleveland was down by 8, but had the ball, with over a minute left. The announcers were explaining how that measly lead was far from insurmountable--a three, a stop or a foul, another 3, etc.

Then they were reporting that the coaches were frantically signalling for the players to foul, to stop the clock, with about a minute left, but LeBron waved his teammates off, and told them not to foul. This happened on at least 2 straight possessions, as Boston just stood there and dribbled the 24 second clock down to nuthin before takin a shot.

If I had a coach the players ignored, in favor of LeBron, I would fire him too, I spect.
I didn't read anything in Jackson's comments that indicated otherwise.
Technically speakin, I spoze you're right, eh, Eric?:

"If Mr. Gilbert cannot prove that LeBron changed games by quitting, he defames his character." (Jesse)

I notice that Jesse doesn't really question the proof for quitting, but wants Gilbert to prove that LeBron's quitting actually "changed the games," eh?

Last edited:
I'm sure that Jackson's remarks that Gilbert wanted James to play on his "plantation" were designed to evoke images of slavery as it existed in, oh, say, ancient roman or greek times, and not as it existed in the deep south in this country, eh, Eric?

Originally, there were plenty of white slaves on the plantations.

Status
Not open for further replies.