What's new

Jim Jordan is the choice for Speaker?

**** Gym Jordan. Horrible choice. To be expected though as trump controls the party. Party of crooks, corruption and scandal. Might as well go all in i guess.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

It's so sad to see what has become of the party to which I belonged the vast majority of my adult life. I think Trumpism is a losing strategy, but they can't or won't get rid of it. The days of the majority seem to be over - the loud minority are now winning the battles.

Jim Jordan is one of the most useless representatives, and he should be nowhere near the leadership of anything.

It's so sad to see what has become of the party to which I belonged the vast majority of my adult life. I think Trumpism is a losing strategy, but they can't or won't get rid of it. The days of the majority seem to be over - the loud minority are now winning the battles.

Jim Jordan is one of the most useless representatives, and he should be nowhere near the leadership of anything.
The tyranny of the minority….

View: https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2023/09/16/tyranny-of-the-minority-republican-party-us-democracy-constitution-acostanr.cnn

Well he does have alliteration going for him, so there is that. And apparently he's not a pedophile. An admittedly low bar, but a bar nonetheless apparently. But yes, thoroughly agree with you. Another sign of the end time maybe? The end of the empire.

Jordan, a staunch Donald Trump ally and election denier who supported the former president’s push to overturn the 2020 results.
Shouldn't even be in congress.
Thankfully he fell 20 votes short of landing the speakership on Tuesday.

I think house democrats were stupid to help the trumpers in the house get rid of Mcarthy. He had just helped democrats pass a bipartisan bill to keep the government funded. So he worked with the democrats. That pissed off the trumpers in the house. Then the democrats help the trumpers get rid of him? All so that the house can put a true hard core trumper in charge instead? Pretty stupid of the democrats imo. I figure the motivation to help the trumpers oust mccarthy was simply to cause chaos. Which is a horrible reason and doesn't help any of us at all.

I think house democrats were stupid to help the trumpers in the house get rid of Mcarthy. He had just helped democrats pass a bipartisan bill to keep the government funded. So he worked with the democrats. That pissed off the trumpers in the house. Then the democrats help the trumpers get rid of him? All so that the house can put a true hard core trumper in charge instead? Pretty stupid of the democrats imo. I figure the motivation to help the trumpers oust mccarthy was simply to cause chaos. Which is a horrible reason and doesn't help any of us at all.
Yep. Welcome to modern American politics. Politics of the extremists, by the politicians, and for corporate America.

This has exposed a significant flaw in our system. This has also exposed a built-in problem with a more than two party reality. The GOP has a majority but they are internally divided, so they can't elect a speaker. If there were three or four or five parties in the House how would any party, assuming none of them had more than 51% of the seats, elect a speaker?

It would take a Constitutional Amendment to say that the person with the most votes wins (even if less than 51%), and I would strongly oppose that Amendment.

Meanwhile Congress can't do ANYTHING. The U.S. is crippled.

Thanks clown show MAGA. Thanks a lot!

He lost some more votes today. First vote, 20 went against him. 2nd vote 22 went against him. Now there were 25 against him this time.

Jordan's bare-knuckle approach seems to have worked against him, as some of his Republican opponents have been outraged by harassing phone calls and death threats.

Jordan's allies say that should not matter. "All of us in Congress receive death threats. I don't know if that's a newsflash for anybody here," Republican Representative Scott Perry said.

How sad is that? The trump effect. Its now normal and fine for members of congress to receive death threats apparently.

He (Jordan) helped to engineer government shutdowns in 2013 and 2018 and helped to push Republican Speaker John Boehner into retirement in 2015 while not getting any legislation passed. Quite a resume. Well done GOP.

Last edited:
The GOP is a clown car on fire.
Yep, and I want to reiterate that every single democrat voted with the craziest of the GOP in the house to get rid of mccarthy so they are just as much to blame for this circus.

Yep, and I want to reiterate that every single democrat voted with the craziest of the GOP in the house to get rid of mccarthy so they are just as much to blame for this circus.
There is a relevant saying here: Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake.

I think our system should be better than that, but it isn't.

There is a relevant saying here: Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake.
It depends. If Jim Jordan or someone like him gets the nomination then that will be a win for their enemy and a loss for themselves.
Mccarthy had just barely worked with the democrats. They might wish they could go back to him and regret ousting him in the future.

Also, imo the democrats biggest enemy is the extreme right wing trumpers. If those people want something to happen then the democrats shouldn't want that thing to happen and shouldn't help them make it happen. Instead they teamed up with the most extreme right wing house members to help the most extreme right wing achieve their goal. Bad idea imo.

Last edited:

It’s not democrats job to bail out republicans and allow an insurrection-supporting, molester-enabling, failure run the House.

Geatz voted with democrats to oust the Speaker for voting with democrats, with no plan moving forward. ****ing embarrassing.

The democrats are giving them rope and defeating MAGA at the same time. Genius really.

It’s not democrats job to bail out republicans and allow an insurrection-supporting, molester-enabling, failure run the House.

Geatz voted with democrats to oust the Speaker for voting with democrats, with no plan moving forward. ****ing embarrassing.

The democrats are giving them rope and defeating MAGA at the same time. Genius really.
That insurrection-supporting, molester-enabling, failure only has a chance at running the House because of the democrats doe. The speaker (mccarthy) voted with democrats. MAGA didn't like that and wanted him gone. So the democrats teamed up with MAGA to get rid of the dude who was willing to vote with democrats. If MAGA doesn't like something then imo the democrats shouldn't help them eliminate that thing that MAGA doesn't like. All while making the government unable to function when we need it to function. Not genius really.

Democrats have stated that Republicans need to select their own leader without Democrat interference. And they have held to that position. It makes sense, as Republicans would be sure to blame the Democrats for their own failures going forward if the Democrats had any say in Republican leadership.

Republicans need to figure out how to govern. It is not the Democrats' fault that Republicans cannot handle their responsibilities.

Hopefully this will force the Republicans into a more moderate position.

Good thing there is nothing important going on that these politicians should be working on… maybe just do bubble gum bubble gum in a dish and live with the result.