What's new

Jim Jordan is the choice for Speaker?

Yep, and I want to reiterate that every single democrat voted with the craziest of the GOP in the house to get rid of mccarthy so they are just as much to blame for this circus.
Not really. It is up to the majority party to have the votes to elect the speaker. For the republicans to rely on Dems to keep their speaker would be beyond lame. There would not have been a vote without the gaetz performative Twitter show.

Its gonna suck when the next speaker is even worse for democrats than mccarthy was and i have to be right.
Im hoping im wrong.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

Its gonna suck when the next speaker is even worse for democrats than mccarthy was and i have to be right.
Im hoping im wrong.

Depends on what you mean by worse. A more moderate speaker who negotiates and compromises is better for the entire country, democrats included.

Depends on what you mean by worse. A more moderate speaker who negotiates and compromises is better for the entire country, democrats included.

Agreed. Its will be a less moderate speaker who negotiates and compromises less and is worse for the country though unfortunately.

That insurrection-supporting, molester-enabling, failure only has a chance at running the House because of the democrats doe. The speaker (mccarthy) voted with democrats. MAGA didn't like that and wanted him gone. So the democrats teamed up with MAGA to get rid of the dude who was willing to vote with democrats. If MAGA doesn't like something then imo the democrats shouldn't help them eliminate that thing that MAGA doesn't like. All while making the government unable to function when we need it to function. Not genius really.

But democrats voted how they normally would, for Jeffries, their candidate. You’re asking them to vote for Jordan, that dude. No ****ing way.

I think dems would vote for a moderate to get things moving. But not a traitor. Never.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The republicans have given the democrats so much power without a majority. Holy **** republicans are so dumb. It’s almost like this MAGA faction is bought and paid for. Just like the now 25 that ousted Jordan.

Follow the money. Do your own research. Call Glen Beck to draw you a diagram.

The republicans have given the democrats so much power without a majority. Holy **** republicans are so dumb. It’s almost like this MAGA faction is bought and paid for. Just like the now 25 that ousted Jordan.

Follow the money. Do your own research. Call Glen Beck to draw you a diagram.

Russia doesn't even have the courtesy to give these MAGA trolls a reach around as they get pounded without friction reducing agents.

You’re asking them to vote for Jordan

Huh? Show me where im asking them to do that lol. That is the last thing I would ask the democrats to do. I hate jordan. Im saying the democrats allowed Jordan to be an option and they should not have done that. Again, I think if MAGA wants something then the democrats should never help MAGA get what they want. MAGA wanted Mccarthy gone. Democrats teamed up with MAGA to make that happen. I dont like it when democrats team up with MAGA.

As entertaining as this mess is, this is exposing a very serious flaw in our system. I don't know what the answer should be, but we as a nation are crippled right now and there doesn't seem to be a real solution.

I said before that this makes clear that we could never have a functioning government with more than two parties, as that would just make this problem significantly worse.

The only solution I can see at this point is for the Democrats to tell the GOP to put up a moderate and they'll give them the votes they need to become speaker. I don't see anyone asking and I don't see anyone offering a compromise, though.

As entertaining as this mess is, this is exposing a very serious flaw in our system. I don't know what the answer should be, but we as a nation are crippled right now and there doesn't seem to be a real solution.

I said before that this makes clear that we could never have a functioning government with more than two parties, as that would just make this problem significantly worse.

The only solution I can see at this point is for the Democrats to tell the GOP to put up a moderate and they'll give them the votes they need to become speaker. I don't see anyone asking and I don't see anyone offering a compromise, though.
Who is a moderate GOP Representative? Do they exist anymore (I would imagine all of them were primaried out).

Who is a moderate GOP Representative? Do they exist anymore (I would imagine all of them were primaried out).
Yeah I don't even know. It's a relative term, so Dems should basically say, we'd vote for (their name here) if you guys are ready to end the clown show and make MAGA irrelevant. Then all the non-MAGAs put that guy up and at least enough Dems vote with them to get it done. Then the Dems don't let that person get booted.

But your response is my main point. This is a flaw in our system. It is a flaw in the Constitution. We can be brought to our knees because of a handful of MAGA misfits can't play nice with the rest of their party and or a handful of anti-MAGA GOP can do the same by refusing to go with the MAGA flow. Now we don't have a Congress yet we need Congress to pass a budget to keep our government functioning.

I'm bringing it up because for me the biggest revelation is that it means that we should never elect a meaningful number of third party representatives. I'll never vote third party again because of what is happening now.

Yeah I don't even know. It's a relative term, so Dems should basically say, we'd vote for (their name here) if you guys are ready to end the clown show and make MAGA irrelevant. Then all the non-MAGAs put that guy up and at least enough Dems vote with them to get it done. Then the Dems don't let that person get booted.
This exactly.