What's new

Jimmer to Spurs

The have Parker, Mills and they traded for McCallum. Doesn't seem to be room at PG. So an unguaranteed contract? Or do they seem Jimmer as a SG?

Marc Stein: ESPN sources say San Antonio is indeed finalizing a deal to sign Jimmer Fredette. Spurs are always on the lookout for shooters and want to give Fredette his shot in the San Antonio system

It's a camp invite, but I called that on this site a few times. I always thought the Spurs were the best for him. Now, he could fill the role left by Bellineli.

Jimmer is now officially at JJ O'Brien level - partially guaranteed minimum contract to be secured as a body at training camp.

Jimmer is now officially at JJ O'Brien level - partially guaranteed minimum contract to be secured as a body at training camp.
Except that jimmer has played in the NBA for a few seasons, already a multimillionaire, and has a chance to make the roster as he attempts to stretch his career so he can qualify for the NBA's pension plan. Not really at the same place as the rookie, O'Brien, who has never played an NBA game and really has no shot at making the Jazz.

It's a camp invite, but I called that on this site a few times. I always thought the Spurs were the best for him. Now, he could fill the role left by Bellineli.

Bellineli was a spot up shooter, thats what every team has tried to do with Jimmer up until now. Jimmer needs the ball in his hands like he did at BYU.

But then again it is the Spurs, i'm sure they will make it work somehow.

Jimmers too small to play spot up shooter. My bet is Spurs develop him as a 3rd pg like they did with Mills. Hopefully his confidence isnt shattered. I hate byu but i hope Jimmer becomes an nba player.

Moved to General Sports forum.

But this is pretty much ideal for Jimmer. If any team can make it work with his skills, it'll be the Spurs.

Agree with this but with the added caveat that if Jimmer either doesn't make the team, or ends up being the 14th guy on the bench, can we PLEASE stop talking about him? I realize he's a BYU legend but at some point, this has gotta end.

Jimmer to Spurs

What do the Spurs see in Jimmer that others don't?

Thoughts...

...I'm just spit balling here, but maybe they feel that Jimmer has been on too many hip hop teams that had too many hip hop players that refused to set picks and screens for him....and that joining the Spurs would actually do him good and allow his excellent outside shooting talents to once again blossom on the court?

No doubt. They will probably have to waive Tim Duncan to clear the necessary space, but who wouldn't do that in a heartbeat? After all, it's Jimmer.
The Jimmer bro. Get it right