What's new

Jimmy Butler is in town..

hawkeye

A buddy of mine said he spotted Jimmy Buckets today around downtown. I did some digging and saw some pictures on Instagram that he was tagged in and it's legit, he is in town. Obviously it could be for any number of reasons, but hopefully something is in the works for the offseason. A Hayward, Gobert and Butler core would be a force in this league. Easily top 2 seed with the Spurs getting older..

Don't want to get excited or anything, but Hill/Butler/Hayward/Gobert with Aunt Jemima would be an exciting team.

Sounds like some luxury tax though.

Wasn't George Hill in town last year before getting traded to the Jazz?? Hmmm. Let's repeat that.

Butler isn't a free agent this Summer though, is he?
2 more years on his contract then he has a player option in the 3rd year. I'd trade anyone on the team not named Hayward or Gobert plus some first round picks to get it done. I know it's unlikely, but a guy can dream..

There's this thing called a trade in which teams exchange players for one another.

Yeah but I've never heard of a situation where the player in a proposed trade 'scouts' out the city of the team before he gets traded to that team.

Yeah but I've never heard of a situation where the player in a proposed trade 'scouts' out the city of the team before he gets traded to that team.

You assume that if you haven't heard about something, that it must not be happening. Could be negotiations going on that even you have not heard about yet.

Utah most certainly talked to George Hill about the potential of re-signing in Utah before trading a first rounder for him.

Of course, it could be something completely unrelated going on, or perhaps where there's smoke, there's fire. Imma choose to believe in fire.

You assume that if you haven't heard about something, that it must not be happening. Could be negotiations going on that even you have not heard about yet.

Well let's say there is negotiation between the Jazz and the Bulls right now about the trade for Butler, etc.

It's still unprecedented for the player in that said discussion to physically come down to the city of the team he hasn't been yet traded to 'scout out' the city.

According to the reddit thread on this, his step-dad is a coach at BYU, so he has family in Utah I guess.

Googled, Butler was adopted by Jordan Leslie's family (former BYU WR). Their step-dad coaches at BYU.

So there is the connection. His adoptive family lives in Utah.

He looked up the top ten tourist destinations in Utah, saw Temple Square at number one, and decided he needed to check it out.

There's nothing we can give the Bulls to convince them to give away their best player and rebuild.

According to the reddit thread on this, his step-dad is a coach at BYU, so he has family in Utah I guess.

Googled, Butler was adopted by Jordan Leslie's family (former BYU WR). Their step-dad coaches at BYU.

So there is the connection. His adoptive family lives in Utah.

If this is all true we need to go hard at him in free agency.