What's new

Jimmy Butler is in town..

A buddy of mine said he spotted Jimmy Buckets today around downtown. I did some digging and saw some pictures on Instagram that he was tagged in and it's legit, he is in town. Obviously it could be for any number of reasons, but hopefully something is in the works for the offseason. A Hayward, Gobert and Butler core would be a force in this league. Easily top 2 seed with the Spurs getting older..

Why in the hell would Chicago give butler away for anything other then Hayward or Gobert and late first round picks??

Why in the hell would Chicago give butler away for anything other then Hayward or Gobert and late first round picks??

We've got tons of assets:

Second round picks galore
Tomic
If we trade Burks for Porzingis then that's another asset we could parlay into Butler and George

Stranger things have happened. Bulls barely made playoffs so the COULD be heading in rebuild mode.
The Jazz traded their best player (d-will) for Devin Harris, Favors and a couple picks..

Stranger things have happened. Bulls barely made playoffs so the COULD be heading in rebuild mode.
The Jazz traded their best player (d-will) for Devin Harris, Favors and a couple picks..

They'd probably wanna rebuild using non-trash assets. At least that's what I would do.

That actually turned out to be a great trade.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Favs was a 19 year old high lotto pick. Nobody is giving us an all-NBA player for the 30th pick. In fact, we probably have to give up a pick just to move Burks.

The only thing of value we have is Hood. Had we had a top 10 pick + Hood, then MAYBE? But we don't.

Favs was a 19 year old high lotto pick. Nobody is giving us an all-NBA player for the 30th pick. In fact, we probably have to give up a pick just to move Burks.

The only thing of value we have is Hood. Had we had a top 10 pick + Hood, then MAYBE? But we don't.

I totally agree with you I just don't know why he acted like we got nothing for D-Will.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

They'd probably wanna rebuild using non-trash assets. At least that's what I would do.

The first pick in the draft can get you a lot of things... but you can't draft Tomic, Burks and Boris' contract with it. You can't even draft a bunch of second rounders with it because it's just one pick.

Isaiah Thomas, Paul Millsap and Jimmy Butler (nearly) were all second round picks. Michael Olowakandi, Kwame Brown and Anthony Bennett were #1 picks. Only a fool would want the #1 pick when they could have three second rounders in a DEEP draft, Burks, Diaw's contract and the rights to this millennium's Arvydas Sabonis (Tomic). That's like trading a disgruntled player for a dynasty.

According to the reddit thread on this, his step-dad is a coach at BYU, so he has family in Utah I guess.

Googled, Butler was adopted by Jordan Leslie's family (former BYU WR). Their step-dad coaches at BYU.

So there is the connection. His adoptive family lives in Utah.
Wow, interesting. I hadn't realized that.