What's new

Jimmy Butler

the great thing is Boston may only be the 4th or 5th best team in the east.

Philly are really at a crossroads. This could go either way. Not a perfect fit.

Great trade for Philly. It's going to be interesting how Gibson and Saric share minutes.

Simmons, Redick, Embiid and Butler is a nasty combination but they're paper-thin at PF, especially with Muscala out for a week.

they're paper thin for shooting

they're paper thin for shooting

What's weird is they hardly play a few of their good shooters like Wilson Chandler, Amir Johnson and Korkmaz (whose stats have been a bit underwhelming but he's shown he can shoot).

They're really pushing Fultz and are really relying on Redick, who is getting older yet has somehow been less injury prone the past few seasons.

Yeah I'm surprised re the East as well. It's like you cut the head of the monster (LeBron), and 5 heads pops up (TOR, BOS, PHL, IND, MIL).

Also a super star is finally moving from West to East... that hasn't happened for a while.
Actually thinking about this some more today it makes sense, GMs feel like the East is wide open so it's time to invest in winning again (i.e., no more LeBron to pip you at the post comes conference finals).

What's weird is they hardly play a few of their good shooters like Wilson Chandler, Amir Johnson and Korkmaz (whose stats have been a bit underwhelming but he's shown he can shoot).

They're really pushing Fultz and are really relying on Redick, who is getting older yet has somehow been less injury prone the past few seasons.

Chandler was hurt and has just been coming back on a minutes restriction. Rookie Shamet from WS has been getting minutes and can shoot. Korky and Luwawu have both been shaky. Amir Johnson’s not really a shooter.

Fultz-TJ
Redick-Shamet
Butler-Chandler
Simmons
Embiid-Johnson

Yeah not a great bench though I love TJ. They could really use a stretch 4 or if Chandler’s at the 4 a small forward who can shoot.

Chandler was hurt and has just been coming back on a minutes restriction. Rookie Shamet from WS has been getting minutes and can shoot. Korky and Luwawu have both been shaky. Amir Johnson’s not really a shooter.
Luwawu doesn't play for the 76ers.