What's new

Jody Genessy trolls Locke

Flc

This morning, pre-Kanter trade:

David Locke @Lockedonsports
Since Dec 18th - Jazz big man defensive rating w Kanter.
League Average 103.7
Kanter/Gobert 100.4
Kanter/Favors 101.7
Kanter/Booker 103.3

Post-Kanter trade, Locke says Kanter sucks at defense on OKC radio, then says more:

I was just on OKC radio the hosts asked me three different ways if Kanter could be a defensive force.

Want to be clear. Didn't think the question from the OKC radio was poor or uncalled for just hoping for something from EK. He can score !!

And Jody responds:

Jody Genessy @DJJazzyJody
@Lockedonsports According to those stats you tweeted last night about the last 25 games, he is.

LMAO. Respect to Jody.

This morning, pre-Kanter trade:

Post-Kanter trade, Locke says Kanter sucks at defense on OKC radio, then says more:

And Jody responds:

LMAO. Respect to Jody.

I'm not sure what there is to troll Locke about. He posted the numbers. He was asked a question. He told the truth as he sees it.

Jody waisted his time trying to sound tough. It's not like Locke made up those #'s. he was probably as shocked about those #'s as any of us would be. At the end of the day Locke is right. So Jody. Should shut his trap. I think even less of him then I do of that idiot Locke

Just a hunch, but I bet the Kanter/Booker defensive rating is high because that particular frontline combo only plays during garbage time against the opposing team's scrubs? I dunno...

I think Jody's point was less about the accuracy of the data and more about Locke making an argument, Kanter being dealt, and then Locke making the exact opposite argument.

Locke's intentions may have simply been to provide some interesting information to fans, but it comes across as smokescreening and/or pandering to the decisions of the front office. (Which, as an employee, is his right if not his responsibility, but not necessarily the best relationship to have with fans looking for information.)

franklin @jodi Gennesy Why couldn't you scoop anything useful today instead of copy-pasting everything out of Detroit and Oklahoma's real media members?

I think Jody's point was less about the accuracy of the data and more about Locke making an argument, Kanter being dealt, and then Locke making the exact opposite argument.

Locke's intentions may have simply been to provide some interesting information to fans, but it comes across as smokescreening and/or pandering to the decisions of the front office. (Which, as an employee, is his right if not his responsibility, but not necessarily the best relationship to have with fans looking for information.)

Fans have an issue with Locke trying to help the Jazz get more for Kanter?

To be fair, Locke was saying let's not just totally discount some of the numbers that might show some improvement from Kanter defensively. At the same time, Locke has always harped on how Kanter started late in life and has lacked certain basketball instincts, defense being one of them. Gennesy's just busting some balls and it's easier to do when you don't post even 1% of the analytics that Locke does.

To be fair, Locke was saying let's not just totally discount some of the numbers that might show some improvement from Kanter defensively. At the same time, Locke has always harped on how Kanter started late in life and has lacked certain basketball instincts, defense being one of them. Gennesy's just busting some balls and it's easier to do when you don't post even 1% of the analytics that Locke does.

Fair point.

(It's still funny, though.)

I'm not sure what there is to troll Locke about. He posted the numbers. He was asked a question. He told the truth as he sees it.

Jody waisted his time trying to sound tough. It's not like Locke made up those #'s. he was probably as shocked about those #'s as any of us would be. At the end of the day Locke is right. So Jody. Should shut his trap. I think even less of him then I do of that idiot Locke

I'd post a rebuttal, but I don't want to waist anybody's time. So Thee jazz fan. Should learn to write complete sentences. And. Get a sense. Of humor.

I'm friends with David, so I don't think it's a big deal if I tease him. I'd hardly say what I did to him was "busting some balls."

And analytics aren't my strength. I'm not about to claim they are. Locke is amazing at them. Not sure what this has to do with my making a simple joke, though.

I'm friends with David, so I don't think it's a big deal if I tease him. I'd hardly say what I did to him was "busting some balls."

And analytics aren't my strength. I'm not about to claim they are. Locke is amazing at them. Not sure what this has to do with my making a simple joke, though.

At least he thinks he is amazing at them.

franklin @jodi Gennesy Why couldn't you scoop anything useful today instead of copy-pasting everything out of Detroit and Oklahoma's real media members?

Who is @jodi Gennesy? Since you're apparently taking score: I had the news about, you know what, forget it. I don't need to justify my reporting skills to a troll.

If Kanter doesn't have his recent defensive streak we might not have even got a first for Kanter. I doubt Locke's post mattered, all front offices have advanced analytic guys that crunch all these same numbers 10 fold.