What's new

Jody Genessy trolls Locke

Who is @jodi Gennesy? Since you're apparently taking score: I had the news about, you know what, forget it. I don't need to justify my reporting skills to a troll.

LOL. Stop by more often, Jody - would love to see you be a regular participant in these forums.

Also, to settle another debate: what's your overall take on the Kanter trade? And how long, to your knowledge, had Lindsey been attempting to secure a trade for him?

LOL. Stop by more often, Jody - would love to see you be a regular participant in these forums.

Also, to settle another debate: what's your overall take on the Kanter trade? And how long, to your knowledge, had Lindsey been attempting to secure a trade for him?

Thanks. I stop by and at least browse, but I'll try to post more when I'm not just defending myself.

I know that Kanter's agent has been pushing for a trade for years. The Jazz hoped to make it work out, but were more aggressive lately (not sure exacts).

I thought the Jazz were put in a tough position by Kanter opening up about wanting to be traded. And considering he's a young, talented big, I just don't think they got very much in return for him. A late first-round pick and a second isn't anything to write home about.

My initial reaction is that this delays the rebuild. He was supposed to be a cornerstone, an original member of the #CoreFour. Obviously, Rudy's emergence helps soften the blow. I like that Booker will get more run too. I just think they need another center on the roster to spell the starters.

Mostly, though, Kanter didn't want to be here, so the Jazz got as much for him as they could. Might be addition by subtraction (and judging Friday's results, wow).

Locke is a puppet! Both him and Harpring are intolerables!

Disagree. Locke's perspective is fair. I mean, he said many times that the Kanter trade was poor if you view it from the perspective that he's a former 3rd pick. He said the organization missed on Kanter. That's not exactly a puppet.

Thanks. I stop by and at least browse, but I'll try to post more when I'm not just defending myself.

I know that Kanter's agent has been pushing for a trade for years. The Jazz hoped to make it work out, but were more aggressive lately (not sure exacts).

I thought the Jazz were put in a tough position by Kanter opening up about wanting to be traded. And considering he's a young, talented big, I just don't think they got very much in return for him. A late first-round pick and a second isn't anything to write home about.

My initial reaction is that this delays the rebuild. He was supposed to be a cornerstone, an original member of the #CoreFour. Obviously, Rudy's emergence helps soften the blow. I like that Booker will get more run too. I just think they need another center on the roster to spell the starters.

Mostly, though, Kanter didn't want to be here, so the Jazz got as much for him as they could. Might be addition by subtraction (and judging Friday's results, wow).

You the man, and one of my favorite Jazz twitter follows

Assume, for hypotheticals, that Kanter never made the comment and wasn't disgruntled, but still believed he deserved a Gordon Hayward-esque contract.

Do you still make the trade, for the same assets? Or do you stand pat with Kanter, under the hopes that he won't A) take the qualifying offer and flee after a year, or B) won't be offered a large amount of money in restricted free agency?

Assume, for hypotheticals, that Kanter never made the comment and wasn't disgruntled, but still believed he deserved a Gordon Hayward-esque contract.

Do you still make the trade, for the same assets? Or do you stand pat with Kanter, under the hopes that he won't A) take the qualifying offer and flee after a year, or B) won't be offered a large amount of money in restricted free agency?

I think Kanter would make a great sixth man. If you can convince him to be that — which OKC probably eventually will — then keep him even if it costs. If not, you've got to get rid of him. Gobert has to start.

Then there are the ones that think the Kanter Gobert combo would have been better than the Favors Gobert combo. Me being one.

Jodie, front office was pushing the concept that Fav was a 5 at the start of the season. Are they conceding he is a 4 now that a true 5 has emerged? (I know they go back to the "positionless" point of view from time to time)

Jodie, front office was pushing the concept that Fav was a 5 at the start of the season. Are they conceding he is a 4 now that a true 5 has emerged? (I know they go back to the "positionless" point of view from time to time)

Yes. DL was touting Favors' progress in being a power forward the other day. For Quin's system and spacing, though, they still need him (the 4) to stretch the floor, so he'll have to keep working on his outside game.

I'm friends with David, so I don't think it's a big deal if I tease him. I'd hardly say what I did to him was "busting some balls."

And analytics aren't my strength. I'm not about to claim they are. Locke is amazing at them. Not sure what this has to do with my making a simple joke, though.

Just so you know, Locke is definitely not amazing with analytics. What he does with the numbers and what conclusions he makes because of them is complete bastardization of advanced statistics.

I'm not quite sure how your "reputation" stuff works here, but thanks to those of you who sent some nice/funny comments to me. I'll even thank the person who "negged" me because I'm supposed to remember that I'm a writer and not a comedian.

Always fun dropping by here. Until the next time!

Then there are the ones that think the Kanter Gobert combo would have been better than the Favors Gobert combo. Me being one.

Jumping Bean, I am very suprised you like Kanter more than Faves or atleast the Kanter Gobert Combo more than the Faves Gobert combo.

1-Favors is an above average Rim Protector. Kanter is 2nd to last in rim protection.

2-Favors has the 13th best Player Efficiency Rating (PER) in the League. Dont think Kanter is even in top 100.

3-Favors is an Okay passer for a big man and actually passes. Kanter is an unmidigated dumpster fire as a passer and does not pass.

4-Favors wants to be here. Kanter does not want to be here.

5- Favors currently shoots a better % than Kanter on his mid range J.

I could go on.

I'm friends with David, so I don't think it's a big deal if I tease him. I'd hardly say what I did to him was "busting some balls."

And analytics aren't my strength. I'm not about to claim they are. Locke is amazing at them. Not sure what this has to do with my making a simple joke, though.

Not sure if you are who you say you are since Mahatma Gandhi could come on this forum and post his opinion on the nutritional value of Wonder bread. Either way "busting some balls" to me is what friends do to each other more or less, so I was actually saying that's what you were doing. It's a new world where "friends" do this kind of stuff where billions of people can listen in. Hopefully, you're not naive enough to think that public statements and jabs are as harmless as one having said the same thing over a Thanksgiving dinner in a private home. Venue and publicity matter as always. Don't take this as a knock by the way...I like the humor you bring with your tweets.

Not sure if you are who you say you are since Mahatma Gandhi could come on this forum and post his opinion on the nutritional value of Wonder bread. Either way "busting some balls" to me is what friends do to each other more or less, so I was actually saying that's what you were doing. It's a new world where "friends" do this kind of stuff where billions of people can listen in. Hopefully, you're not naive enough to think that public statements and jabs are as harmless as one having said the same thing over a Thanksgiving dinner in a private home. Venue and publicity matter as always. Don't take this as a knock by the way...I like the humor you bring with your tweets.

Now I feel silly. I was posing as Jody Genessy — or @jodi Gennesy — but I am really Mahatma Gandhi.

OK, yeah, I was teasing Locke a bit so your description sounds about right. However, I was impressed with another stat he'd given about the Jazz's defense being better with Kanter than without him the past 25 games, so I wasn't totally busting his balls.

That said, I have some work to do on spreading peace throughout the world. Namaste!

Bring him to Jazzfanz jody :D

Sent from the JazzFanz app

Jumping Bean, I am very suprised you like Kanter more than Faves or atleast the Kanter Gobert Combo more than the Faves Gobert combo.

1-Favors is an above average Rim Protector. Kanter is 2nd to last in rim protection.

2-Favors has the 13th best Player Efficiency Rating (PER) in the League. Dont think Kanter is even in top 100.

3-Favors is an Okay passer for a big man and actually passes. Kanter is an unmidigated dumpster fire as a passer and does not pass.

4-Favors wants to be here. Kanter does not want to be here.

5- Favors currently shoots a better % than Kanter on his mid range J.

I could go on.
I don't trust Favors to show up consistently on offense,foul trouble or missing clutch free throws or just not scoring enough.we have a better D with gobert and favors but I don't know if that duo will score enough points against teams consistently to get victories.I hope I am wrong.

I don't trust Favors to show up consistently on offense,foul trouble or missing clutch free throws or just not scoring enough.we have a better D with gobert and favors but I don't know if that duo will score enough points against teams consistently to get victories.I hope I am wrong.

I must disagree with your assertion that Faves is unreliable on the offensive end. Or at the very least, more unreliable than Kanter. Consider this:

Favors is averaging 16 points a game to Kanter 14.

Favors is shooting a much better percentage than Kanter.

It seems your concern is that you don't trust Faves to be assertive enough to take a sufficient amount of shots to score. He usually has a sneaky and quiet good games. I would submit that Favors will take more shots with Kanter gone and this should not be an issue.

Frankly, with Faves averaging 16 points a game, I don't really understand your argument, seeing he puts up more points more efficiently than Kanter. We're I not on my phone I'd do the research and also add that Favors per 36 minutes are better that Kanter's too.

Favors is gonna be just fine offensively and I expect him to improve. And I absolutely expect him to improve his free throw shooting too. He's got the 17th highest PER in the league, bro. He's shooting the 3rd highest percentage in the restricted area in the entire league. His FG% is very good. Give him some credit my man.

Just so you know, Locke is definitely not amazing with analytics. What he does with the numbers and what conclusions he makes because of them is complete bastardization of advanced statistics.

I must disagree at least in part. Locke is pretty good at analyzing the games through analytics and he often calls bad trades, which are perceived as good trades, through analytics. He's not always right, but he hits on them pretty often.

I really get bugged when I hear that missing on Kanter "delays the rebuild". Does it suck to miss on the #3 overall pick? Of course, but what allowed Utah to bite the bullet on Kanter was the fact that they picked Gobert #27 overall, he developed light years ahead of Kanter, and now would be considered a top 3 pick if you could have a draft do-over. If we're gonna complain about taking a step back with Kanter, we also better be ready to aknowledge that we took a step forward with Gobert. And while our assets in the Kanter deal might not be dazzling, if Lindsay turns them into anything and Gobert continues on his trajectory, this rebuild has not hit a speed bump.